Who's Online (See full list)
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,548 topics in this forum
-
Haugh, per Twitter, reported on the Score, said Marinelli to DC was discussed, but the team intends to search outside the org for a new defensive signal caller. God, if only this is true.
-
- 12 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
All this FA talk has gotten me thinking. Given Cutler likes Shannahan and he is now in Washington: would you be willing to trade Cutler to Washington for a 1st and/or 2nd and Jason Campbell? Campbell isn't all that a horrible QB and the Bears can get back two of the draft picks they probably will need come next year. I, for one, would not want Cutler to go anywhere but just thought I would throw that out there. Food for thought.
-
- 12 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
Biggs is reporting that Demps appears to be coming to Chicago. https://twitter.com/BradBiggs/status/839880722584375296
-
- 18 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1...80-4c02c2055a19 A few things to note. The notion that Glennon was not called or notified at all is now completely debunked. He was called 10 minutes after the pick and the next morning. So this also ties back into the secrecy scenario and the need to keep things quiet. Glennon was at the Bears draft party, so why would they invite him, then draft a QB in the 1st...... I am glad Glennon is taking all this in stride, or at least saying the right things. I am actually hoping he has a great year, which will ultimately benefit us in some way shape or form.
-
- 17 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
Here in Central Illinois, it's cold, rainy, windy as hell, the temperature's dropping, and we're supposed to get 2 inches of snow. In other words, I'm bored as hell. I decided to look up every mock I could think of & share the results. With the major sites, everyone seemed to have something different. When I got to the lesser-known guys, they all seemed to agree that Jeff Otah was our man. #1 http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7786546...g-close-to-home Fox has us taking FS Kenny Phillips @ #14 saying "He's the best player who can help the Bears immediately." That'd be nice except I can't help wondering: 1) Who the hell is our strong safety if he's a…
-
- 6 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
Well it was fun while it lasted but all the Youtube training camp videos "Roy" had posted havebeen taken down. Apparently some journalists were complaining that he wasn't following the audio and video rules that they themselves have to follow and it resulted in his plug being pulled.
-
- 10 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
http://chicago.suntimes.com/bears-football...s-training-camp
-
- 6 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
-
You can forget about using a franchise tag on Berrian. The link below shows the franchise and transition tag numbers for 2008. Way too much money for Berrian as much as I would love to see him stay a Bear. Tag, you're it ... a look at the '08 franchise & transition numbers
-
- 6 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
Off to the Bills https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31087811/buffalo-bills-mitch-trubisky-agree-1-year-deal
-
- 24 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
As the owner's meetings get underway in San Francisco it seems clear we're going to get a change to the extra point rules. I'm curious which option folks prefer. I like the Competition Committee plan 14b the best. If it's a competitive play IMO the defense should be equally allowed to score as the offense does. I think the Eagles plan 14b, 2 point conversion to the 1yd line, is making the 2 point conversion too easy and sort of defeats the purpose of making this a more competitive aspect of the game. I do agree that a safety, even on an extra point (try), should be 2 points as it always is. However, getting a safety on any try is extremely unlikely so …
-
- 10 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
From ESPN Chicago: Lynch: 'Buyer Beware' with Marshall Former All-Pro safety John Lynch has some advice for the Chicago Bears if they plan on pursuing Denver Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall. "Buyer beware," Lynch said on the "Waddle & Silvy" show on ESPN 1000. Lynch, who retired last year and will be a FOX television analyst this season, was Marshall's teammate in Denver during the 2006 and '07 seasons. Marshall had made some noise about wanting to be traded, but he recently said he will report to training camp on time. "I don't like saying [buyer beware], but you've got to call a spade a spade, and I think it's a dangerous proposition," L…
-
- 12 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
-
NFL is reporting that Chicago and New England are trying to coax Kevin Carter out of retirement, Word is they both would want to keep on the field for 20 -25 plays a game, He has yet respond to offers.
-
- 10 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
Bears are 13 pt dogs. I think we lose, but it is closer than the spread due to a late garbage time TD and the weather You like the cold, game time temperature is projected to be -7 with the entire game played below zero. Viqueens 20-13
-
- 24 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/6-bears-head-coach-candidates-if-matt-nagy-fired-including-ryan-day Thought it might be good to start putting a thread together on our general thoughts on who might be a good candidate. Below article from NBC sports seemed like a good starting point. I think the big thing to me is - I think I've gained an appreciation for experience, finding a coaching candidate who has seen the rodeo and understands and has showed a skillset to consistently evolve in the league. When the Bears went with Nagy - I really couldn't argue the hire. Pace went the way the league was going and found a young, innovative, up and coming mind who h…
-
- 24 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
How do you quantify how much of an upgrade the new acquisitions on the OLine will be? Well, I looked at a few stats and this one stood out: Sack Rate (Last 2 seasons) Thuney - Sack Rate 0.16% 4 allowed in 2500 snaps Dalman - Sack Rate 0.27% 4 allowed in 1486 snaps Jackson - Sack Rate 0.17% 2 allowed in 1148 snaps These 3 players allowed only 10 Sacks allowed in 5,134 snaps, a 0.19% sack rate. The 3 players they are replacing and what they did in 2024: Jenkins 4 / 495 Pryor 7 / 659 Shelton 3 / 743 These 3 players allowed 14 Sacks in 1,897 snaps, a 0.73% sack rate, close to 4x more sacks over the same amount of snaps. Caleb was sacked 68 times las…
-
- 29 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
Our first two visits happened. They brought in a RB, Seth McGowan/ UK and a center from Kentucky Jager Burton.. He is the 17th ranked OC on draft buzz. An UDFA type. McGowan is the 9th rated RB on draft buzz. 4.49 speed. He is an explosive type RB with a 43.5 vertical and 131" broad. Overall rank #170. Would be a mid round pick. Pick 129?
-
- 57 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
As of today , Russel Okung is available for hire. the top available LTs available in Free agency is Street Address : Andrew Whitworth, , Kelvin Beachum, Riley Reiff, Ryan Clady, Russel is 29, I personally like Beachum better at 27 but we have a chance to upgrade in FAgency not with a star but better than what we got.
-
- 14 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
Wow, I cannot believe he got to #9. Penix going at #8 was the trigger. Hard to pass up at that pick.
-
- 29 replies
- 2.5k views
-