Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bearstalk

Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN

  1. Started by Steve9347,

    Just noticed a lot of guys from "Bearstalk." I have to say I'm excited because lack of membership had me not coming back often. Welcome to Talkbears and I look forward to some really good discussions from here on out.

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  2. Started by AZ54,

    Found this while checking out the Bears website so since it's a bit slow I figured I'd put it up here. If nothing else it should give Nfol an excuse to add 10 more posts to his HOF quest. http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=4492 How well do you know the Bears? Take our trivia quiz By Larry Mayer 1. Who caught Rex Grossman’s first NFL touchdown pass? A) Marty Booker Desmond Clark C) David Terrell D) Dez White 2. Which Bears starter entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent? A) Desmond Clark Hunter Hillenmeyer C) Adewale Ogunleye D) J…

    • 1 reply
    • 1.3k views
  3. Started by jason,

    If this isn't an indictment of Jerry Angelo and Lovie Smith, then I don't know what is. http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/i...own-draft-picks I'm even more convinced every single person on this board would have done better making draft selections for the Bears. Finances, free agency, everything else? Probably not. But definitely drafting.

    • 7 replies
    • 1.3k views
  4. Started by bowlingtwig,

    I know its just rookie camp and all and u can't read much into anything. Kyle Long has been at RG past couple days and then he's at RT today. Just thought this was interesting since most believe he will start at LG

    • 3 replies
    • 1.3k views
  5. Evidently Albert Breer was reporting today that the Bears have been in touch with Ngakoue's reps recently. I have to imagine he is there plan B - depending on how things shake out. I don't know how much he has left - but got to imagine Bears could get him between 5-7M for 1YR. He has flaws - but not bad from a depth perspective and you don't feel bad if other guys play their way into his role (in fact you prefer it). I presume he would be the passing down end - and it would allow you to slide Walker inside on those plays.

    • 16 replies
    • 1.3k views
  6. Started by shadevtx,

    I just wanted to say that I am very impressed with the new site.

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  7. Guest TerraTor
    Started by Guest TerraTor,

    McNabb thought Bears would sign him Jan 20 1/20/2012 2:29:42 PM | More Donovan McNabb admitted Friday that he was expecting a call from the Chicago Bears after Jay Cutler went down with a fractured thumb on Nov. 20, but that call never came and the Bears lost five of their last six to miss the playoffs according to ESPNChicago. The Bears did put in a claim on Kyle Orton after he was released by the Denver Broncos, but the Kansas City Chiefs claimed Orton before he was available to the Bears. Meanwhile McNabb, a Chicago native who was released by the Minnesota Vikings on Dec. 1, watched Caleb Hanie lose four consecutive games for the Bears, who then tur…

    • 7 replies
    • 1.3k views
  8. Started by GrizzlyBear,

    I dont know if you guy caught this, With all the news going on about Seau and the Aints. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,6544379.story

    • 4 replies
    • 1.3k views
  9. Started by Wesson44,

    IMHO we are a product of our own coaches! Head coach= good person but soft as a coach. DC,OC and some position coaches are the same. If you look at our games...how many times do you see Hester getting chewed out for a stupid play. Not just Hester but the whole team! I have watch a few games with the help of some of this very supportive board members and have seen no fire, no desire nothing. Well not everyone of the Bears are soft, Briggs, Forte, Payne to name a few and others are doing their jobs. But you have to wonder where is Brown with the fire and hits, Urlacher is blocked all the time, Harris is well just holding the line, our corners Tillman & Vasher seam like…

  10. Started by Bears4Ever_34,

    The one consistent bright spot has been Forte this season and he finally eclipsed the 1000 yard mark as a rookie. Congrats, hats off.

  11. Started by AZ54,

    We're a couple weeks away from the start of the season. I'm curious how our division opponents are doing. As I scan around various websites when I find something noteworthy I'll post the link. It'd be nice of others add in as well. Today it is Nick Fairley making headlines for his eating habits. Actually it seems like there is much more going on than just a man who likes to eat. Either way, he's on their second string and on a Dline that lost Willie Young who appears to be a good player so far. For a team that has invested three #1 picks at DT and then DE they are planning on needing to blitz their linebackers a lot more this season to get pressure. I'm go…

  12. Started by adam,

    With McPhee, Royal, and Rolle pending contracts. I would still like to see a few more guys brought in from this pool of defensive candidates (for the right price): Safety: #28 Rahim Moore - S (25) #88 Ron Parker - S (27) Cornerback: #27 Chris Culliver - CB (27) #46 Perrish Cox - CB (28) Linebacker: #49 Curtis Lofton - ILB (28) #59 Mason Foster - ILB (26) Defensive/Nose Tackle: #16 Terrance Knighton - DL (29) #29 Dan Williams - DL (28) # - NFL FA Ranking If we could bring in a couple of more guys from these groups (wishful thinking), I think we would be in great position going into the draft. I was hoping for 4x new starters …

    • 7 replies
    • 1.3k views
  13. Started by Pixote,

    Watching the Year-End College games, I cannot help but list my takes. First, the College system for games tied at end of regulation is awesome. BOTH teams have a chance to win in overtime, not just the team who is lucky enough to win a coin toss and get a TD, leaving the loser of the coin toss frustrated. Why in the hell doesn't the NFL wake up and make changes? Second, Colleges are basically the NFL's minor league system. Our developmental league. So why in the hell do they have different rules? Wouldn't it make sense for these college players to be acclimated to the rules they are going to be asked to play by if drafted? (Example 1: In college football, there …

  14. Started by jason,

    So let's say we're sold on Trubisky. I'm not completely 100%, but I see potential. Nonetheless, this class is LOADED. At what point do you consider drafting a guy if he slips? I've seen mocks where guys like Josh Allen slips to the third, and Baker Mayfield slips to the fourth, which would be unbelievable to me. I'd say the third or fourth round is when the Bears should start considering the QB position. Regardless of depth, the QB position needs to be considered every year until a stud backup is acquired.

    • 13 replies
    • 1.3k views
  15. Started by adam,

    I am going to post some info in here to discuss the QB situation. First I was looking back at some past League MVPs, and one season popped out at me. Take a look at this recent league MVP and two similar Pro Bowl QBs from different years: League MVP: 1. 67.0 QBR, 59.8% Comp, 239 Y/G, 7.8 Y/A, 39.8 Rushing Yards/G Pro Bowlers: 2. 65.0 QBR, 62.6% Comp, 252 Y/G, 8.1 Y/A, 56.3 Rushing Yards/G 3. 70.8 QBR, 66.6% Comp, 230 Y/G, 7.3 Y/A, 30.1 Rushing Yards/G #3 was Trubisky in 2018, and he had a better overall QBR than Cam Newton's 2015 MVP season and Michael Vick's 2010 with the Eagles. They were the closest comps in multiple statistical categories and a…

    • 12 replies
    • 1.3k views
  16. Started by dawhizz,

    It's early, but with the recent additions, I wanted to get opinions on where you think our roster shakes out. Some positions seem pretty clear, others not so much. I have to say in looking at the initial 53-man roster last year, I couldn't believe some of the names. Greg Scruggs? Amini Silotolu? Were they really on the team? QB: Glennon, Sanchez, Trubisky Trubisky probably doesn't dress for the first few games at least. Bears will probably try to keep Shaw on the practice squad. RB: Howard, Langford, Cohen I like Cunningham, but he and Cohen are pretty duplicative, especially if Cohen can return kicks. I do think there's an outside chance the Bears keep…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.3k views
  17. Started by KiLoc69,

    HESTER NEEDS TO REPORT BY AUGUST 5 Posted by Mike Florio on July 23, 2008, 5:46 p.m. One of the (rare) moments during which we gained some actual credibility in league circles came in 2005, when we explained that Eagles running back Brian Westbrook risked losing his ability to become an unrestricted free agent if he didn’t report to training camp by a specific date in August of that year. By all indications, Westbrook’s agent didn’t know. And Westbrook eventually showed up. Though the Collective Bargaining Agreement has been revised since Westbrook’s holdout, the provision in question still applies, and Bears receiver Devin Hester is the first guy who coul…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  18. Started by Stinger226,

    How did crushers get both Rodgers and Cris Johnson, doesnt seem fair.

  19. Started by bowlingtwig,

    According to profootballtalk.com Jake Long is looking for at least $10 million annually. That would put him up there with dude from Cleveland as highest pd LT whose deal was 7 yrs $84 mil with $48 gtd. How many are willing to give that to him knowing hes had injuries for past 3 yrs now

    • 6 replies
    • 1.3k views
  20. Started by adam,

    I saw a note that Seattle was the first team since TB (02-03) that won the Super Bowl and had the best turnover ratio (+20) on the year. I thought that was odd, so I looked back the last 10 years to see how teams finished based solely on turnover ratio. Now I know there are a million ways to skin a cat in terms of backwards compiling data, but I found this one stat alone very interesting to say the least. I don't know if you can draw the same conclusions from pts scored, pts allowed, ranked defense, ranked offense, top 10 QB, top 10 running game, etc, but this data seems to have a very solid correlation between turnover ratio and wins. Here is what I found from 20…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.