We are screwed at QB

bradjock

What intrigues me most is that someone at North Carolina State saw something in him(Glennon) that they didn't see in Russell Wilson causing the later to transfer to Wisconsin. Someone in the Tampa front office saw something in him to draft him early but didn't build a team around him and wound up with the number 1 overall pick which resulted in them picking Winston a no brainer.This relegated Glennon to backup which the Bucs liked him so much so that they offered to make him the highest paid backup in the league.

Well crap. Hoyer is gone. So IMdO, go with Shaw and a draftee. really, could it be any worse than we have suffered through the last 30 years.

Id still prefer they have at least one other veteran. Unfortunately, justified or no Shaw has an injury history going back to college. Nothing chronic it appears. Just bad luck.

Id still prefer they have at least one other veteran. Unfortunately, justified or no Shaw has an injury history going back to college. Nothing chronic it appears. Just bad luck.

"Bad luck." You mean he signed with the Bears? COL

Anthony Becht the former Tight End? That would be like having Martellus Bennett weigh in on Cutler...oh wait.

If they sign him (Glennon) to a deal, I hope he does prove his worth as a starter, if only for the short term. Of those who will potentially be on the roster (and depending on who they draft for the position) my money's on Shaw winning the job. :pray

He is the pre and post commentator on the Bucs network , has been working for the team for 5 years. It would be like getting a opinion from Marellus Bennett or getting one from Tom Thayer that has been around the team for many years. Anthony as Tom would have a better insight into the team from being around the team. Once again, you dont pay attention.

What intrigues me most is that someone at North Carolina State saw something in him(Glennon) that they didn't see in Russell Wilson causing the later to transfer to Wisconsin. Someone in the Tampa front office saw something in him to draft him early but didn't build a team around him and wound up with the number 1 overall pick which resulted in them picking Winston a no brainer.This relegated Glennon to backup which the Bucs liked him so much so that they offered to make him the highest paid backup in the league.

So we have Lovie to thank if he turns out to be a gem...

Funny you should mention he and Wilson, because I found a full game on Youtube from Glennons rookie year against the Seahawks.

He completed 73% of his passes for 2 TDs and no INTs.

I plan on watching it this weekend.

Funny you should mention he and Wilson, because I found a full game on Youtube from Glennons rookie year against the Seahawks.

Hoyer is going to have a base of 6 mil and with incentives can make 9 mil a year for the next two years. He gets 10 guaranteed .

So if we signed Hoyer with the idea of being a lot cheaper that just got thrown out the window.

Hoyer is going to have a base of 6 mil and with incentives can make 9 mil a year for the next two years. He gets 10 guaranteed .

So if we signed Hoyer with the idea of being a lot cheaper that just got thrown out the window.

Rather than paying Hoyer $8-10mil we were better off taking the risk on the upside Glennon has, even at the higher price.

I feel, with Glennon, there is a potential for as much down side as there is upside. I sure hope they still draft another.

Here goes the agreeing thing again.

There is just as much upside as downside with Glennon. The same can't really be said about Hoyer, however. His last two years have shown that at worst he's a safe QB, a check-down artist. At best, he not only keeps putting up huge passing numbers, he leads the team to scores as well. Then opponents realize they have to stop him from methodically marching the Bears downfield, and the long range passing opens up.

There is just as much upside as downside with Glennon. The same can't really be said about Hoyer, however. His last two years have shown that at worst he's a safe QB, a check-down artist. At best, he not only keeps putting up huge passing numbers, he leads the team to scores as well. Then opponents realize they have to stop him from methodically marching the Bears downfield, and the long range passing opens up.

Well said. The Bears will likely draft a defensive playmaker with that 3rd pick in the first round and use their 2nd round draft pick on the QB position.

Well said. The Bears will likely draft a defensive playmaker with that 3rd pick in the first round and use their 2nd round draft pick on the QB position.

Maybe but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't draft a QB until Rd 3 and likely later. The first 2 picks can definitely bring in defensive starters if we make wise decisions. Even in the 3rd Rd we can find a player to help and possibly start like Switzer. Otherwise Pace would have likely settled with Hoyer as the cheaper stopgap. We might even see someone like Kelly on day 3, if they feel he can grow up quickly.

Now with us taking a step back from Gilmore, who appears headed to the Patriots, I'd say it's more likely Jeffrey returns to the Bears. Pace is hanging onto some big money for a reason.

Some key points in the game:

13:03 - Sack, completely misses blitzer from blind side

27:40 - TD Pass

43:35 - TD Pass

1:11:40 - evades rush, eyes up field

1:39:30 - pressure sack

1:58:05 - scramble

1:59:50 - ugly scramble

2:05:45 - OT drive

Now I would say considering he was a rookie, playing in Seattle and the team was already 0-6 or 0-7 at this point, that he played pretty well. However, I feel like we were built up with excitement of our new Schwinn bicycle to see the generic knock-off and are expected to be "grateful" for the gift.

I think Glennon has more downside, but upside exists. Hoyer isn't leading us to a superbowl or anything all that great. Glennon probably isn't either, but maybe there is a chance he ends up being a Kirk Cousin's type (not a top 5 QB, but a very good QB). Odds are not likley and he could just come in and suck, but if we think there is a chance, why not pay him what it takes to get him here to give him that chance (while we also draft a QB and see if we can hit there). Hoyer does nothing, unless you think you have a surefire guy you want to take at #3 and leverage Hoyer to be the bridge guy. If we aren't certain that any QB is great, we are going to instead use a 2nd round pick (or move back into the latter half of 1st round) to give it a go while also giving Glennon a go. And if those guys don't work...keep trying.

I think Glennon has more downside, but upside exists. Hoyer isn't leading us to a superbowl or anything all that great. Glennon probably isn't either, but maybe there is a chance he ends up being a Kirk Cousin's type (not a top 5 QB, but a very good QB). Odds are not likley and he could just come in and suck, but if we think there is a chance, why not pay him what it takes to get him here to give him that chance (while we also draft a QB and see if we can hit there). Hoyer does nothing, unless you think you have a surefire guy you want to take at #3 and leverage Hoyer to be the bridge guy. If we aren't certain that any QB is great, we are going to instead use a 2nd round pick (or move back into the latter half of 1st round) to give it a go while also giving Glennon a go. And if those guys don't work...keep trying.

I completely understand what you're saying, but the problem is that if both guys are mediocre, and both have varying upside/downside, and neither is the QB of the future, it makes way more sense to stay with the guy who you know, the guy who knows the system, and the guy who costs half as much. The variables here are overwhelmingly against the Bears' decision to get Glennon. The Bears essentially spent twice as much on a car that might drive a little faster, but also has a better chance of breaking down.

What's more, they could have offered Hoyer more money and blown his socks off, then spent the rest to put the nail in the coffin of the Gilmore proposal. Instead, they got Glennon and were apparently cheap with their offer to Gilmore.

I too am very disappointed w/ no Gilmore...

That to me is a big fail. We'll see what happens, but that's glaring. Glennon, Hoyer. etc...doesn't matter. A young secondary non-pick up for only cash, which we have a ton of space...is a fail.

We'll see...

I won't judge until the actual draft is over...but so far...so unimpressive considering where we were and where we need to be.

I completely understand what you're saying, but the problem is that if both guys are mediocre, and both have varying upside/downside, and neither is the QB of the future, it makes way more sense to stay with the guy who you know, the guy who knows the system, and the guy who costs half as much. The variables here are overwhelmingly against the Bears' decision to get Glennon. The Bears essentially spent twice as much on a car that might drive a little faster, but also has a better chance of breaking down.

What's more, they could have offered Hoyer more money and blown his socks off, then spent the rest to put the nail in the coffin of the Gilmore proposal. Instead, they got Glennon and were apparently cheap with their offer to Gilmore.