Head Coach Rumors

Chitownhustla

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the Names being throw out there and interviews scheduled I would like to know who wants who. Ill start with my choices.

My Top 2

McDaniels

Shurmur

Some of my reasons, both Offensive guys. Both have been HC's. Banking on the fact that they learned from their mistakes and will correct them.

I lean towards McDaniels due to being apart of the Pat's organization. They have won for so long sooner or later one of the guys leaving the Belichick tree will figure it out!

I also am intrigued by Patrica from NE as well. I have not done a ton of research on him, planning on reading up on him this weekend.

It is such a crap shoot as many have said. My thought is the Bears interviewed Fangio first. In that process, I see the Bears first telling him they want him to remain with the club regardless which way they go for HC. The interesting part would be asking him who he would want to run his offense. That would give the Bears an idea who he is close with. Closing out, I would ask him if they chose another HC who would he stay for to remain DC. Who knows, Fangio may get hired with the right coordinator choices. If he says he prefers to work under Shurmur a Holgrem disciple or Mcdaniels a Belechik bud, we may choose that route. McDaniels Bears HC and Patricia Lions HC would make an interesting rival.

I am also intrigued going out there with a Deflippo or Nagy. They might be the next McKay. It should get interesting the next few weeks.

Maybe it sounds like a crazy idea, but wouldn't it be worth it for the Bears to test the waters with Bill Belichick? It seems like all the drama in NE might be pushing him out. Maybe he'd be interested in a new situation where he's given massive control and a long period of time to get things turned around? If he did anything close to what has been done in New England, he'd be revered like Ditka is in Chicago.

Maybe it sounds like a crazy idea, but wouldn't it be worth it for the Bears to test the waters with Bill Belichick? It seems like all the drama in NE might be pushing him out. Maybe he'd be interested in a new situation where he's given massive control and a long period of time to get things turned around? If he did anything close to what has been done in New England, he'd be revered like Ditka is in Chicago.

I would normally say this is crazy but I just read an article saying he may want out. Only problem is he really wants to coach the Giants. So you may be right, just wrong team.

Heard the rumors today. It would be great to think of the possibility but how many more years will he be coaching? Wouldn't be surprised if Belichick and Brady hang it up after this year.

Heard the rumors today. It would be great to think of the possibility but how many more years will he be coaching? Wouldn't be surprised if Belichick and Brady hang it up after this year.

If one does its a tremendous risk if the other one stays. If they dont win the Super Bowl, then people will say it was the other one, the one that retired that was the real key. Of course it was both of them, but you know how meathead sports fans talk.

If one does its a tremendous risk if the other one stays. If they dont win the Super Bowl, then people will say it was the other one, the one that retired that was the real key. Of course it was both of them, but you know how meathead sports fans talk.

They are locked together imo. Either one retires the team goes into complete rebuild. Especially if they lose both coordinators. Looking like that may be the case, so my guess is this is the last run.

Guys ignore that ESPN article. That's what has started all that drama. There is only 1 thing in that article that doesn't seem completely made up and that's about his personal trainer. And according to Andrew Brandt who has served time in the packers front office and is very connected around the league he says this type of stuff goes on in almost every locker room with the star players Because those players have always gotten preferential treatment and they would rather have there own guy instead of the team guy. But in the end this basically all about nothing. There is a part in there that says that bill wanted to bench Tom Brady at beginning of yr an go to Jimmy G. Use rational thinking with this for just a minute. Tom Brady is a future 1st ballot HOF who might be 40 but he is still producing at an elite level. No way any coach is going to bench Tom and go to the unproven back up. He would have been run out of foxboro quicker than a flash of lightening. Bill is considered the best coach in the league. Do you honestly think he would have even entertained that idea. We have all known for a long time that Jimmy was going to get traded it was just a matter of time. So pardon me for a second that I am not believing that Tom Brady forced the Patriots into trading him by giving them an ultimatum. Tom Brady did force them into trading him simply because of his play on the field is still at an MVP type level. Nothing more than that. I stuck behind ESPN for longer than anyone else but even I can't stand behind them anymore. It's just all crap now

Shumur about ruined his career after his time in Cleveland. Deflippo is only a QB coach, with no proof he can handle a higher position and with Foles he's not a QB whisperer. Wilks didn't lead a dominate D this year. They can do better than these prospects. McDaniels bombed harder than any coach in recent memory that didn't coach the browns. Alex Smith had good years without Nagy. And if anything, Trestman proved that one year of high offense doesnt mean anything going forward.

Shumur about ruined his career after his time in Cleveland. Deflippo is only a QB coach, with no proof he can handle a higher position and with Foles he's not a QB whisperer. Wilks didn't lead a dominate D this year. They can do better than these prospects. McDaniels bombed harder than any coach in recent memory that didn't coach the browns. Alex Smith had good years without Nagy. And if anything, Trestman proved that one year of high offense doesnt mean anything going forward.

It's a different yr though as well. Where there aren't any great ones available. The best available is probably McDaniels. Sad but true

My first reaction to Shurmur was screw that, wasnt he the guy that lasted 4 mins as the HC of the Browns. The Browns have been ran so poorly who knows if it was his fault or what.

It's a different yr though as well. Where there aren't any great ones available. The best available is probably McDaniels. Sad but true

I’m with TD on this. None of the names so far really make me go WOW. The one dominant name, McDaniels, is a simple shyster (as Lucky so eloquently pointed out). I’m more impressed with some of the college names who are not candidates (yes like Shaw). And wonder if there isn’t someone else out there in the college ranks worth considering? If the Bears can manage to keep Fangio around I think it would be a near perfect scenario of an up and coming offensive mind paired with the established, successful, grizzled old defensive mind. If not Shaw, maybe Dabo Sweeney?

*edit: thank you Connor, forgot about Toub. I do like him too.

I’m with TD on this. None of the names so far really make me go WOW. The one dominant name, McDaniels, is a simple shyster (as Lucky so eloquently pointed out). I’m more impressed with some of the college names who are not candidates (yes like Shaw). And wonder if there isn’t someone else out there in the college ranks worth considering? If the Bears can manage to keep Fangio around I think it would be a near perfect scenario of an up and coming offensive mind paired with the established, successful, grizzled old defensive mind. If not Shaw, maybe Dabo Sweeney?

Keeping Fangio would be best case scenario. I would hate to lose all that we gained with having him. I have a feeling if we hired Fangio as HC, he would possibly hire Mike McCoy as OC. How would Bear fans feel about that? I don't think we would have to worry about him leaving as a HC for a few years. That is only if he can transform the offense into a juggernaut.

Keeping Fangio would be best case scenario. I would hate to lose all that we gained with having him. I have a feeling if we hired Fangio as HC, he would possibly hire Mike McCoy as OC. How would Bear fans feel about that? I don't think we would have to worry about him leaving as a HC for a few years. That is only if he can transform the offense into a juggernaut.

I actually like that idea a lot. McCoy has a decent record. Done some pretty good work where he’s gone. Got all he could out of Rivers while in SD but just fell short. Wanna say their defense was their bugaboo while he was HC. (?)?

Sounds like he just might be the Bears front runner. He would try and bring Mike Groh WR coach and Phillip Daniels DL coach with him. The best part is he would have Fangio as his DC. This may be the what tips the scales.

If he’s the front-runner, would it make more sense to give Fangio the HC job and DeFlippio a shot at OC first? See if he’s able to at least make in game adjustments?

I like the idea of Groh coming back. There was good joo-joo on the team during his last stint in Chicago.

Shaw , harbaugh and swinney are all making twice what they paid Fox. You really think the Bears are going to pay 10 a year to get a college coach because you may like them? Next time Virginia comes to Alaska fishing , you need to straighten her out on who you like. They don't seem to be listening.

Stinker, this is all opinionated conjecture on my part. You know, the type of talk you confuse for “back-peddling”? Which you never did explain.

Like I said before, you never know someone’s motivation. And with Gruden’s new deal at $10 million/year the bar has been re-set. You don’t think others will take notice?

If he’s the front-runner, would it make more sense to give Fangio the HC job and DeFlippio a shot at OC first? See if he’s able to at least make in game adjustments?

I like the idea of Groh coming back. There was good joo-joo on the team during his last stint in Chicago.

I would agree that would be a better scenario. Fangio would have less of a learning curve, while Defelippo could concentrate on offense.

i hope this franchise does NOT go with a cheating thief in mcdaniel's. i don't care how good or bad he is it would be hard to get behind someone who has no scruples and is STUPID to lead this franchise.

McDaniels is not a leader of men. He was awful in Denver and was known as hurricane Josh for a reason/.

He is a douche.

McDaniels is not a leader of men. He was awful in Denver and was known as hurricane Josh for a reason/.

He is a douche.

He was a douche 7 years ago. Maybe being humiliated changed him? Sometimes it takes that to grow up. I don't think the Bears are going that way, so we will most likely be safe.