adam

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Are anyone up for having teams throw players in the trades?  Indy has DeBuckner or Michael Pittman Jr they could throw in. Is Pittman the big WR we're missing? DeB has at least 2 good years left.

Somewhat interested depending on the player but I really don't want aging players with high cap hit and their performance is already trending down.  Or in Pittman's case an average good player who will need a new contract soon.  Though they have different styles or strengths it's hard to see where Pittman adds much more than what we already have in Claypool and further he'd be on the same contract timeline which I don't like at all.   I might take Alec Pierce as compensation instead of a late round pick.  

(This "negative" made me laugh from PIttman's draft profile:  Wasn't guarded by Paulson Adebo (Stanford) or Jaylon Johnson (Utah))

DeForest Buckner is a good player but he's not worth the $20mil/yr we'd have to pay him.  He could end up being a cap casualty (frees up all of his salary) as Indy overhauls the front office.  If Eberflus and Poles like him it's better to just wait and see if he gets cut.  

I still can't believe what I watched in the Texans game for the Bears to get the #1 pick. The Colts ended up 0-1-1 vs the Texans, even the tie was all that was needed for the Bears to get the 1st pick because if the Texans and Bears tied, the Bears would've picked #2 due to SoS. 

Basic Trade Scenarios with teams most likely in need of a QB. Using the trade value chart, what would the Bears realistically get in a return for the #1 pick:

1. HOU, 1 for 2, 3000 - 2600 = 400 (2nd rounder). Moving up to #1 normally costs a little more than any other move. I could see the Bears getting a 2nd (#33) plus maybe a 3rd or 4th in 2024. 
2. IND, 1 for 4, 3000 - 1800 = 1200 (1st rounder+). Since this would be a jump to #1 and leapfrogging a division opponent, it won't be cheap. I could see Indy giving up #4, #35, and a 2024 1st rounder at a minimum. 
3. DET 1 for 6&18, 3000 - 1600 - 900 = 500 (2nd rounder+). Detroit has two first rounders, so that helps them a lot if they are interested. Trading with a division opponent is rare. It will take at least #6 + #18 + #47 + another 2023 pick + something in 2024. This would be a great package for the Bears, especially if 3 QBs went in the top 5.
4. LVR 1 for 7, 3000 - 1500 = 1500 (multiple 1st rounders). This jump may be out of the Bears range, but it would give them #7, 2024 1st, 2025 1st, and another pick in 2023 at least.
5. ATL 1 for 8, 3000 - 1400 = 1600 (multiple 1st rounders+). Just like LVR, this is a huge jump and would cost #8, 2024 1st, 2025 1st, and some additional picks (2nd and 3rd rounders)
6. CAR 1 for 9, 3000 - 1350 = 1650 (multiple 1st rounders+). This may be too big of a jump, but if CAR wants their guy, they would have to give up #9, 2024 1st, 2025 1st, and some additional picks (2nd and 3rd rounders).

It still feels like HOU or IND will be the best candidates. If HOU is happy with the 2nd QB, they will stay put. After the Rivers, Ryan, Foles fiasco of the last few years, I am sure management in IND is going to want to get their QB, which resets their time. 

If players are involved, IND and LVR have some potential trade candidates, if Poles wants to go that route. Obviously getting Davante from the Raiders would be insane and that trade would still net them multiple 1st's plus Adams. 

Don't be surprised if Poles trades down twice. There is such a huge gap between picks that he may want to take a few more swings in the top 50. Either way, it is hard to imagine anyone messing this up, unless he just keeps the pick and drafts a QB.

4 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Lovie's reward for inspiring his team to win...

...Fired!

That dude has gotten a raw deal ever since the Bears fired him after going 10-6. He has been the scapegoat every time. 

The Bears need to bring him on as an Associate Head Coach or something like that.

The Draft Network's last mock has the Bears trading with the Colts:

Bears get: #4, #35, #105, 2024 1st, and 2024 2nd

Colts get: #1

That would be a haul for the Bears. Assuming the Colts are still bad next year, that should be a top 10 pick and top 40 pick in 2024. 

4 minutes ago, adam said:

That would be a haul for the Bears. Assuming the Colts are still bad next year, that should be a top 10 pick and top 40 pick in 2024. 

I'd take that.

28 minutes ago, adam said:

They need to get a future 1st - very important. Because pretty high probability that future 1st will be top 10 (if not top 5).  Teams with rookie QB's tend to be bad (spoiler alert). 

For the Claypool trade, here are a few receivers that may be available when the Bears would've picked in the 2nd:

Claypool vs WRs projected between 30-45:

Chase Claypool 66-1037, 13 TD; 6'4", 238
Jalin Hyatt, TEN, 67-1267, 15 TD; 6'0", 185
Kayshon Boutte, LSU, 48-538, 2 TD, 6'0", 205
Rashee Rice, SMU, 96-1355, 10 TD, 6'2", 203

Rice is the closest in height, but no one is close in weight and overall size. For production, Rice and Hyatt were both really productive this year. Hyatt is not much bigger than Mooney. Boutte disappeared in games. The question is Hyatt or Rice worth the #32 pick. If the answer is no, then the trade was actually the right move. If you believe one or both of them are worthy of #32, then it was a bad trade. To me, it is still up in the air as Claypool is a known commodity and none of these rookies are.

15 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

I'm greedy - I want to get that plus get Houston to give up a 2nd rounder to Bears to move to 2 (than make that deal with Colts) :)

That would be the ultimate move, from 1 to 2, then 2 to 4. However, IND could also stay at #4 if they think ARZ is going to pass on a QB. Outside of DET, not many teams outside the top 5 will have the ammo to move to 1 or 2. 

13 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

I'm greedy - I want to get that plus get Houston to give up a 2nd rounder to Bears to move to 2 (than make that deal with Colts) :)

Oh yeah. There are a few scenarios that could get ridiculous.  The big play before the draft is for Poles to convince the NFL world that he's not sold on Justin.  I expect for some pre draft trade rumors or a cryptic presser that leaves reporters scratching their heads.  If we can pull off two trades within the top 5 we'll get 5-6 more players in the 2nd-4th rounds.

3 hours ago, adam said:

That dude has gotten a raw deal ever since the Bears fired him after going 10-6. He has been the scapegoat every time. 

The Bears need to bring him on as an Associate Head Coach or something like that.

Why would Eberflus want to do this? I know he knows Lovie rather well but Lovie had his job previously. To me it would be a huge distraction. 

Peace

17 minutes ago, Connorbear said:

Why would Eberflus want to do this? I know he knows Lovie rather well but Lovie had his job previously. To me it would be a huge distraction. 

Peace

I don't think bringing back someone you fired is ever a good idea.  

21 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Jason I'm glad to have known you long enough to see your dream of a tanking team come true.  Now let's hope we have the right GM to exploit the situation.  

😄 Likewise. It finally happened. Although, that's only part of my dream:

• Tankathon
  • GM trades down and stockpiles picks like the '90s Cowboys
  • GM drafts 99% from dominant programs in major conferences (i.e. no Trubisky types)
  • GM focuses draft/FA strategy on OL/DL. The cornerstone of the team. It's time to pick/acquire these positions until there are zero holes.
  • GM deprioritizes LB & RB in draft. Those dudes can be found later way more often. **Cough** Kwiatkowski **Cough** Sanborn
  • GM tells HC to join the 21st Century and prioritize passing & pass blocking. I love watching Fields take off, but I'd rather see him around for 15 years throwing for 4K a year.

3 hours ago, adam said:

That would be the ultimate move, from 1 to 2, then 2 to 4. However, IND could also stay at #4 if they think ARZ is going to pass on a QB. Outside of DET, not many teams outside the top 5 will have the ammo to move to 1 or 2. 

If that happens, someone call my wife and tell her to take me to cardiology.

5 minutes ago, jason said:

😄 Likewise. It finally happened. Although, that's only part of my dream:

• Tankathon
  • GM trades down and stockpiles picks like the '90s Cowboys
  • GM drafts 99% from dominant programs in major conferences (i.e. no Trubisky types)
  • GM focuses draft/FA strategy on OL/DL. The cornerstone of the team. It's time to pick/acquire these positions until there are zero holes.
  • GM deprioritizes LB & RB in draft. Those dudes can be found later way more often. **Cough** Kwiatkowski **Cough** Sanborn
  • GM tells HC to join the 21st Century and prioritize passing & pass blocking. I love watching Fields take off, but I'd rather see him around for 15 years throwing for 4K a year.

LMAO.... I see HC calls GM and tells him to prioritize getting some guys who can pass block.