Anything comments

Stinger226

6 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

If they did that , Poles probably wouldn't be able to take advantage of a trade option, Cunningham knows the true value.

I was talking about trading draft picks, not Fields. I'm sure Cunningham would want to have top pick of QBs to start off his GM position with Washington. Would he outbid NE and anyone else wanting the top pick? I want teams trying to leap frog each other, offering us a deal impossible to turn down.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

True value is always what the highest bidder is willing to pay.  

yep, or one penny more than the second highest bidder is willing to pay :)

42 minutes ago, Pixote said:

I was talking about trading draft picks, not Fields. I'm sure Cunningham would want to have top pick of QBs to start off his GM position with Washington. Would he outbid NE and anyone else wanting the top pick? I want teams trying to leap frog each other, offering us a deal impossible to turn down.

He would also (probably) be privy to any internal discussions they’ve been having about Justin.  And what value he has for the team, either in trade or otherwise. I would think both Ian and Poles would be professional enough to consider that.  

2 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

This, minutes ago from Halas Hall:

IMG_6394.jpeg

I think from this we can glean that Flus is staying. LOL Just kidding - making fun of all the tea leaf reading in here, including mine :)

3 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

The Bears extra home game will be played in London this year.  The KC game was going to be there last year but the Chiefs and NFL has it changed. 

I don't mind the INT games, but it kinda sucks to lose the extra home game AND have a week of extra travel. So I assume the bye will come after this game.

I try to only follow the beat guys for the Bears on Twitter, but sometimes I will see what other fans or wannabee "bloggers" are saying. Holy crap, I can't unsee some of that. The amount of madness that comes out of people's mouths is insane. 

Here is one:

image.png

8 minutes ago, adam said:

I try to only follow the beat guys for the Bears on Twitter, but sometimes I will see what other fans or wannabee "bloggers" are saying. Holy crap, I can't unsee some of that. The amount of madness that comes out of people's mouths is insane. 

Here is one:

image.png

LOL everything is the best or the worst. Every player and coach is loved or hated. Not much nuance at all out there.

I have two neighbors on either side of me that are GB fans.  There are two others in the neighborhood that follow Detroit and Minny so we have the division covered.  

Anyhow my one GB neighbor last week was talking (texting) lots of smack late in last weeks game (rightfully so).  And I would imagine having lots of whisky while doing so (he and I share whisky on a regular basis).  Anyhow, after the game was over he said I would need to host a party this weekend for the Dallas GB game and so we could FaceTime his brother in Texas to give him sh*t.  I told him to f*ck off.  😂. He also left me some messages in the snow berm along my driveway - below. (that SOB).  There was  also a large G across the way on one of the snow berms in the adjacent cul de sac.   Thankfully it snowed again about an hour after these photos were taken and covered up.  

Anyhow the point of all this is to say, this weekend I am a Dallas fan and hoping Mike McCarthy gets his revenge.  

PS:  the next morning after it had snowed all night, the “vandal” came over and cleared my driveway for me.  😎👍

IMG_4644.jpeg

IMG_4642.jpeg

IMG_4645.jpeg

43 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I have two neighbors on either side of me that are GB fans.  There are two others in the neighborhood that follow Detroit and Minny so we have the division covered.  

Anyhow my one GB neighbor last week was talking (texting) lots of smack late in last weeks game (rightfully so).  And I would imagine having lots of whisky while doing so (he and I share whisky on a regular basis).  Anyhow, after the game was over he said I would need to host a party this weekend for the Dallas GB game and so we could FaceTime his brother in Texas to give him sh*t.  I told him to f*ck off.  😂. He also left me some messages in the snow berm along my driveway - below. (that SOB).  There was  also a large G across the way on one of the snow berms in the adjacent cul de sac.   Thankfully it snowed again about an hour after these photos were taken and covered up.  

Anyhow the point of all this is to say, this weekend I am a Dallas fan and hoping Mike McCarthy gets his revenge.  

PS:  the next morning after it had snowed all night, the “vandal” came over and cleared my driveway for me.  😎👍

IMG_4644.jpeg

IMG_4642.jpeg

IMG_4645.jpeg

That is hilarious! Great neighbor / friend!

45 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

IMG_4644.jpeg

IMG_4642.jpeg

IMG_4645.jpeg

Hillarious - great story and great neighbor. 

Watching some pre-game talk for this weekend and so far Eagles are -3 odds at home against the Bucs.  Also saw some news about AJ Brown not only being out for the game but also putting up some interesting stuff on social media (or removing stuff rather).  And over in KC, Kurt Warner was highlighting all the KC passing game struggles.  Most notably how Mahomes was missing a lot of open receivers while scrambling and when he does manage to find an open receiver, they’re dropping the catches. Where have we heard that before. 

So it does appear other stellar QBs will struggle if not given ideal situations?  Go figure.  FWIW I’m especially happy to see that twit in Philly (Sirianni) struggle.  Some early (and probably premature) murmurs of him being on the hot seat too . 

Stein was great. He'd been there a while, maybe he retired. If he was forced out or if he quit because of anything the team or office was doing, then that's a strong signal that this group is going to crash and burn. I couldnt know which it is though, so I'm not predicting.

To me, up until last week Poles has done a great job, but it was the old teardown, and roster building. I said a few weeks ago that Poles hugging everyone was concerning me, and I wondered if he would be able to cut and trade players and coaches or whether he was too invested in being part of and liked by the team - a weakness that (IF it exists) wouldnt show itself until now, since everything up to this point has been adding.

Now we hear Eberflus is going to keep calling defensive plays.

Stein was one of the only bright spots that was consistent for decades with us. If he retired, or left for some other opportunity, then God bless him and I wish him well. But if he was fired, or quit because of the team front office, then this is possible piece of evidence that we have the wrong guys. I would contend that keeping Eberflus is another.

So that's at least one strike, and maybe another on this hypothetical score board for Warren / Poles.

And just like a strike, it doesnt mean you cant hit a home run on the next swing and be a hero either. These are only small beginning things to keep an eye on, not large indictments with clear conclusions at all. Just little bits.

But if they also keep Justin and don't draft a top QB, and Justin doesn't develop next year, it will become a fully fledged dumpster fire pretty quick.

11 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

Now we hear Eberflus is going to keep calling defensive plays.

where did you hear that? if that is the case welcome to lovie's DC blunders part 2. if you handcuff a DC before you even find one good luck bringing in a high quality guy. same ole, same ole.

1 hour ago, adam said:

Ugh Cliff Stein is out:

Yeah bummer but it looks like this isn’t the first time he’s been out.  In a quick read this may have been at least the third time he’s left (the other two he returned after a short stint away).  If you add in he was a candidate for President against Warren last year maybe Kevin thought better to have someone he knows better in that role. 🤷🏻‍♂️

There were  also some rumors floating about his low-balling veteran contracts over the years. Maybe they’ve run into some issues getting on the same page with Johnson?  

1 hour ago, Lucky Luciano said:

where did you hear that? if that is the case welcome to lovie's DC blunders part 2. if you handcuff a DC before you even find one good luck bringing in a high quality guy. same ole, same ole.

It was in the Sun Times, and I totally agree, what alpha leader DC will come here and put up with this. Also, all the position coaches are staying - which is probably a good thing, but another decision made out of order because of retaining Eberflus. I do like the defensive position coaches.

It should also be said we've heard nothing about interviewing defensive coordinators. They aren't out there looking for hotshots, they're gonna want a puppet. And we will be in prevent losing games in historical ways again.

I hate to say it, but I think the Kevin Warren experiment is already starting to smoke a little. Not that it's too late to fix it, but geez.

From Jan 11th, Sun Times

"Eberflus repeated his desire to call plays again next season but said he’d be open-minded when he interviews coordinator candidates in the coming weeks. He’s already committed to stability, though. The Bears plan on bringing back every position coach on defense and could even promote one of them to coordinator. That makes sense, as each group produced dominant performances."

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2024/1/11/24035133/bears-defense-coordinator-will-not-change-good-thing-jaylon-johnson-montez-sweat-matt-eberflus-nfl

2 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Yeah bummer but it looks like this isn’t the first time he’s been out.  In a quick read this may have been at least the third time he’s left (the other two he returned after a short stint away).  If you add in he was a candidate for President against Warren last year maybe Kevin thought better to have someone he knows better in that role. 🤷🏻‍♂️

all good points. still, if you have a guy doing really well and he cant stay cuz he clashes with new blood, has the new blood proved it? We'll see. I'm already looking with a cynical eye after keeping Flus.

Cleveland crapped the bed today against Houston, wow they looked terrible. I cannot believe the Bears lost to this same team. They were not ready to play. Their defense in particular looked gassed and slow. Flacco decided to turn into a pumpkin and throw back to back Pick 6's. Houston ran off 35 straight pts down 14-10. Unbelievable really.

The media is going to slurp off Stroud because he is a rookie, but man, he didn't have to do anything that difficult. Davis Mills would've looked like Justin Herbert today against the Browns. Stroud had so many easy passes and dudes were WIDE open. He dumps off a little screen pass, blown coverage, to the house for 76 yards by a slow TE. Then on another blown coverage, Stroud lobs a ball for another long TD to another TE. Zero sacks, I don't even think he was pressured/hurried once. If he was, I missed it.

The Brees Fields thing is a JOKE.

Yes Brees started slow. Whats the argument? That all QBs that start slow are likely to become one of the best QB of all time?

Make a survey of all the QBs who had similar stats and tell me how many ended up to be Brees. I can save you the trouble. Only one. Brees.

There are arguments to be made for Fields. But current career stats isn't one of them.

Dumbest thing ever.

2 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

The Brees Fields thing is a JOKE.

Yes Brees started slow. Whats the argument? That all QBs that start slow are likely to become one of the best QB of all time?

Make a survey of all the QBs who had similar stats and tell me how many ended up to be Brees. I can save you the trouble. Only one. Brees.

There are arguments to be made for Fields. But current career stats isn't one of them.

Dumbest thing ever.

You are right it was meant to be funny.