Anything comments

Stinger226

On 12/21/2023 at 2:51 PM, Mongo3451 said:

The feud thread got locked, so I moved this here.

What interesting is your list of elite QBs includes Purdy.  Purdy has no elite traits whatsoever.  Rather he is the poster child for using draft capital elsewhere to build the best possible roster around an average QB.  

Hey AZ, I need some clarification on the above comment please.  My value system says Brock Purdy has three elite traits. (Accuracy, anticipation and processing). I'm guessing you are talking classic physical traits.  Purdy's traits are the same as Montana, Brady, Brees and Fouts.

I’ve never seen him have good accuracy deep.  intermediate and short yes.   I don’t see that as an elite trait as it’s not hard to find QBs like that.  

Anticipation is good but not great but a lot of what he does he gets bigger windows.  That’s because he has several elite talents pulling a defense apart and a good OC designing the plays.   

Processing I think is good    He’s still young and will get better.   I give him a ton of credit for picking up their scheme and executing it very well as a rookie.  

He’s what I thought he’d be coming out of college although he got there sooner than I expected.  I didn’t see anything last night to make me change my opinion.   

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

Adam is the stats guy on here. I found this but pretend Adam posted it. Just another piece of information to form opinions about who you like.

Interesting and maybe why I like a certain prospect in this class. I do think the Bears offense needs more pieces regardless of the QB and they should be in reach to getting those this offseason. Then comes the OC and whether he is capable to designing plays and adjusting to beat defenses.  He can script well but after that is the drop off him or the players.  

BAL just beat SF and MIA in back to back weeks, 33-19 and 56-19 is crazy impressive. The AFC goes thru Baltimore and they are getting the bye. Good luck AFC. Wild cards are CLE and BUF. 

In the NFC, PHI just lost to ARZ, DAL barely beat DET and SF showed they can't beat BAL. 

BAL has to be the odds on favorite right now. In every game they will be favored to win.

40 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Random pic from yesterday’s game and one of Justin’s ‘biscuit in the basket’.  (Thank you Gus Johnson). 

IMG_6362.jpeg

nice! perfect placement!

52 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Random pic from yesterday’s game and one of Justin’s ‘biscuit in the basket’.  (Thank you Gus Johnson). 

IMG_6362.jpeg

Perfect look at what “late hands” looks like.  Post game DJ said Bates was in good position and he knew he was just waiting for his hands to go up so he waited as long as possible.  I’d guess that ball is moving about 30mph.   Maybe more.  

8 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

Perfect look at what “late hands” looks like.  Post game DJ said Bates was in good position and he knew he was just waiting for his hands to go up so he waited as long as possible.  I’d guess that ball is moving about 30mph.   Maybe more.  

totally! Moore is the real deal!

Penix is insane today.

10 min left in the 3rd quarter and Penix is

18-21 (86%) for 331 yards, 2 TD and no INTs

He's found 7 different receivers.

And everything has been a DOT with ridiculous velocity. Ball coming out fast.

Very impressive.

Penix final stats:

29/38 (76%) for 430 yards, 2 TDs and 0 INTs

compare to Penix season averages:

26/39 (66%) for 351 yards, 2.75 TDs and .75 INTs

season stats:
307/466 (66%) for 4.218 yards, 33 TDs and 9 INTs

career stats:
1011/1596 (63%) for 13.056 yards, 93 TDs and 32 INTs

6' 3" 214 lbs and a ridiculous arm.

Negatives: Hes only 14 months younger than Fields, and has previous ACL injuries.

2 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

Penix is insane today.

10 min left in the 3rd quarter and Penix is

18-21 (86%) for 331 yards, 2 TD and no INTs

He's found 7 different receivers.

And everything has been a DOT with ridiculous velocity. Ball coming out fast.

Very impressive.

Yeah I was very impressed with him today. Was throwing guys open and precise. 

23 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Yeah I was very impressed with him today. Was throwing guys open and precise. 

The National Championship game is gonna be crazy.

Penix balled out, if he does that against Michigan, he will be up to the top 10 picks barring his injury history. Nix looked great to. McCarthy not so much. i wonder if JJ is someone that would drop enough to pick up in 2 or 3 round that would be a prospect you could develop. I watch 5 games of Williams this yr and now 3 of Penix, and I like him much better.

This yr is crazy for QB prospects, if there is a Joe Borrows out there, Poles should find him. Poles was the head of the scounting dept when KC drafted Mahomes. I still think Fields is coming back, but drafting a prospect would be a sound decision with all the injuries that happen to QBs. 

Im sure they didnt know Mahomes would be that good until they saw him for a yr behind Smith. That same situation could happen here. Trade the first pick, MHJ r Bowers, get a pass rusher then with the second round pick in a trade, grab a McCarthy in the second and let the cards fall where they may a yr from now. Having several good QBs cant be a bad option in a QB hungry league. The Smith trade brought them a high level CB and 3rd round pick with the trade to Washington. If they moved on from Justin in 2025, could bring a similar trade. Having options never he hurt any team. 

Can anyone tell me if a player with a past history of an ACL injury, who is fully recovered from same, is a higher risk to reinjure that knee in the future than his teammate who has no injury history?

I know there has been a poster who has amazing info on the medical related questions. I always wondered if he was a professional trainer or in the medical services field. LOL 

I like Penix a lot but do worry about his previous ACL injury.

1 hour ago, Pixote said:

Can anyone tell me if a player with a past history of an ACL injury, who is fully recovered from same, is a higher risk to reinjure that knee in the future than his teammate who has no injury history?

I know there has been a poster who has amazing info on the medical related questions. I always wondered if he was a professional trainer or in the medical services field. LOL 

important question!

2 hours ago, Pixote said:

Tom Brady? 

Sort of off topic, but after watching some SF games. The Bears need to have Fields do tosses to the RBs and WRs in motion forward, so he gets credit for a completion and all the yards they gain. SF runs this crack toss, but because Purdy tosses it forward, it is considered a pass. 

2 hours ago, Pixote said:

It depends on the extent of the injury.  A MRI will tell the story.  The good part is Penix will be better protected in the NFL than anywhere.  Any knee injuries you see with NFL QBs anymore is usually fluke.

22 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

It depends on the extent of the injury.  A MRI will tell the story.  The good part is Penix will be better protected in the NFL than anywhere.  Any knee injuries you see with NFL QBs anymore is usually fluke.

That's true but QBs get injured in the NFL, just look at this yr.