Anything comments

Stinger226

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Poles drafted a gem! Wright is looking like a future all pro RT.  Big test this sunday.

The first play, I noticed B Jone gets bull rushed and pushed nearly into JF.  I didn't key in much after that play but that was concerning.  If Poles can get another like Wright to anchor the LT, this line would be scary.  You don't hear much about Jones so I assume he a doing fine and an upgrade would be a luxury but top 5 LTs are like finding those QBs.

Before even the first game played this year, I predicted Wright will be a Hall Of Famer. I stand by it. He's amazing, and he's only just scratching the surface.

Wait until the next couple of years folks. He's a friggin' monster.

7 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

Before even the first game played this year, I predicted Wright will be a Hall Of Famer. I stand by it. He's amazing, and he's only just scratching the surface.

Wait until the next couple of years folks. He's a friggin' monster.

After seeing Jalen Carter play at an All-Pro level, it is nice to have Wright playing at such a high level AND we have Roschon. 

37 minutes ago, adam said:

After seeing Jalen Carter play at an All-Pro level, it is nice to have Wright playing at such a high level AND we have Roschon. 

Carter would have been a great pick but we needed to upgrade the OL to get a proper judgement on JF. The defense is coming along nicely with out Carter. Poles is choosing higher character guys who love football. Birsker instead of Pickens is working out. A potential all pro S over a whiny WR. He's bringing in leaders to take over the culture. This year he added Moore, Sweat, Rochon Johnson is a future leader of the team. Wright , Edmunds, Edwards  , Stevenson are all lovers of the game. Poles is changing the narrative and we are now starting to see us win. 

23 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Poles drafted a gem! Wright is looking like a future all pro RT.  Big test this sunday.

The first play, I noticed B Jone gets bull rushed and pushed nearly into JF.  I didn't key in much after that play but that was concerning.  If Poles can get another like Wright to anchor the LT, this line would be scary.  You don't hear much about Jones so I assume he a doing fine and an upgrade would be a luxury but top 5 LTs are like finding those QBs.

You didn't key in much on Braxton after that because I don't think there was much to key into.  IMO since he returned from injury he has very quietly gotten better this year and I think fans are underrating him.   He's not perfect but he's also not a finished product either.   I'm so old I can remember when people complained Kmet can't score TDs.  

I'd have to rewatch the entire game (or find positional snap counts somewhere) but it appears after the Lions first played the Bears they still chose to keep Hutchinson against Wright the majority of the second game.  It seems to me if they thought the matchup against Jones was more favorable they'd have put Hutchinson at RDE more often. 

After some struggles in the previous game, but not bad overall, Wright responded well in the follow up.  That learning curve as he gets to know defenders, and learns how to scout opponents, has me excited for his future.  

20 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

You didn't key in much on Braxton after that because I don't think there was much to key into.  IMO since he returned from injury he has very quietly gotten better this year and I think fans are underrating him.   He's not perfect but he's also not a finished product either.   I'm so old I can remember when people complained Kmet can't score TDs.  

I'd have to rewatch the entire game (or find positional snap counts somewhere) but it appears after the Lions first played the Bears they still chose to keep Hutchinson against Wright the majority of the second game.  It seems to me if they thought the matchup against Jones was more favorable they'd have put Hutchinson at RDE more often. 

After some struggles in the previous game, but not bad overall, Wright responded well in the follow up.  That learning curve as he gets to know defenders, and learns how to scout opponents, has me excited for his future.  

Jones isnt as polished and dominant as Wright, but he wasnt a top 10 pick either. I agree Jones is growing and doing well. And Wright is a monster and hes just getting started.

I said it before the first regular season game: Wright will be a Hall of Famer.

Add a center to this mix, and we've got a dominant OL for the first time in a LONG time. Thank you Poles.

Speaking of new Centers, one of the leading answers, Miami Dolphin OC Connor Williams - the top free agency OC target - popped his ACL today.

Yeah we may go back and forth on Fields and the coaches, but besides all that, the arrow is pointing straight up for the rest of this team, it's easy to see. The OL, RBs and defense are all stocked.

(QB?), FS, OC, DL2, WR2, TE2 - needs that are all fill-able in one offseason given our draft and cap positions.

We are division champ contenders next year, and who knows where the ceiling might be then.

One thought on a center draftee, Graham Barton played Center as a freshman and got moved to LT. He's a lower rated LT but is very strong and has a low center of gravity. He would be a sleeper pick, something Poles could surprise in a mid round. GBNdraft report has him ranked around 100 on their big board. I read a couple draft valuations and it sounded like center traits to me.

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

One thought on a center draftee, Graham Barton played Center as a freshman and got moved to LT. He's a lower rated LT but is very strong and has a low center of gravity. He would be a sleeper pick, something Poles could surprise in a mid round. GBNdraft report has him ranked around 100 on their big board. I read a couple draft valuations and it sounded like center traits to me.

I know schools scare us, but Oregon has a Center that seems legit.  He will go rd2 or 3, but a thought after Van Pran if he goes sooner.

24 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Seen on X where sources (havent verified it) stated the bears offered JJ 5-93 mil contract extension.

Yeah that was debunked as fake by JJ himself on the Score. He is going to get a top 5 CB contract when it occurs. Poles needs to do it sooner than later as his price is going up. He is the #1 rated CB on PFF. 

30 minutes ago, adam said:

Yeah that was debunked as fake by JJ himself on the Score. He is going to get a top 5 CB contract when it occurs. Poles needs to do it sooner than later as his price is going up. He is the #1 rated CB on PFF. 

He is a fun segment on the score on Mondays and seems very likeable.  They always try to get him to leak dirt but he is smart enough to keep his lips zipped. 

I am glad he is getting the ints. They will come as the defense improves pressure and can stop the run.  The Bears D was not too good at that until recently.

1 hour ago, BearFan PHX said:

Raiders spanking the Chargers. both were 5-8 like us, but the raiders had the easier strength of schedule, so this helps us in draft position, and has no effect to our playoff chances either way.

I seen he was fired at the half?!  He deserves to be. Chargers have stunk and Eckler was my biggest FF disappointment 

8 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

Raiders spanking the Chargers. both were 5-8 like us, but the raiders had the easier strength of schedule, so this helps us in draft position, and has no effect to our playoff chances either way.

It actually helps the Bears playoff chances a little bit because it improves the Strength of Victory, which is one of the tie breakers. 

6 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I seen he was fired at the half?!  He deserves to be. Chargers have stunk and Eckler was my biggest FF disappointment 

He's not fired yet, but after that embarrassing performance, it is impossible that he survives this season.

The best part from last night, they interviewed him coming off the field at halftime:

Since Week 5, the Bears are clumped together in a group of teams between 5th and 10th. 

1. SF
2. DAL
3. BAL
4. MIA
5. CIN
6. MIN
7. BUF
8. CHI
9. KC
10. NO

The top 14 are normally playoff teams. That 0-4 start really hurt. The Bears have the worst record of that group. 

download (2).png

Some Robinson journalist reported that 7 GMs responded back to his survey about draft Williams and trade Fields  or keep Fields. All said they would trade Fields and draft Williams. 

7 of 32, that settles it, we have to trade Fields, Im glad we cleared that up. 

Since Mahomes was drafted only 4 QBs would be considered  tier 1 ;him, Jackson, Allen, Burrow.

Tier2 (QBs that may become tier 1) Stroud, Lawrence, Tua, Herbert, Hurts, Purdy, Presscott

Out of 71 QBs drafted only 11 are at or to become elite level in 7 yrs.  Out of that 71 only 2 were drafted #1.

The moral of the story is , be careful what you wish for.