Anything comments

Stinger226

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Cardinals are struck with Murray, they dont get cap relief from his contract until 2027. There are lots of good WRs in this draft , they may also trade back because of needs. They could trade back get a OT and a WR in the second. The top 2 picks will be QBs and doubt we will keep the top spot and draft MHJ.

Giants have Jones for at least one year if not 2. The big money controls these situations.

With Jones he has an out at the end of this next year - so giants are in a good spot. Murray is another situation though - tons of guaranteed money. 

No GM keeps a player just because he's a leader on the team and the players love him but that is part of the evaluation process. Its not just arm strength, passing traits. Other intangibles come into play.  Jeff George had a great arm and didnt make it . Ryan Leaf, its a never ending story.

I thought this tweet was funny, but it does make a good point, we are always chasing the rainbow.

2017: Mitchell Trubisky?? 2021: FIELDS is THE franchise QB Chicago NEEDS 2024: CALEB WILLIAMS WILL SAVE US 2027: Arch Manning is a can’t miss GENERATIONAL TALENT! 2030: JULIAN SAYIN is a ONCE in a LIFETIME prospect!

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

I thought this tweet was funny, but it does make a good point, we are always chasing the rainbow.

2017: Mitchell Trubisky?? 2021: FIELDS is THE franchise QB Chicago NEEDS 2024: CALEB WILLIAMS WILL SAVE US 2027: Arch Manning is a can’t miss GENERATIONAL TALENT! 2030: JULIAN SAYIN is a ONCE in a LIFETIME prospect!

You can go back in time too, Jay Cutler is the savior, Sexy Rexy, Cade McNown. The Bears have been so bad at evaluating QBs, at some point they have to luck into one.

What a weird week, the top 4 QBs this week for QB Rating right now in the middle of the afternoon games:

1. Jake Browning - 122.7 QB Rating
2. Zach Wilson - 117.9 QB Rating
3. Drew Lock 116.5 QB Rating (only game in progress)
4. Bailey Zappe 115.2 QB Rating

5 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Or he could have said nothing.  🤷🏻‍♂️

true.

Im sure DJ likes JF - hes a very likeable leader. I just dont think any of these guys tells the straight unvarnished truth, and I wouldnt want them to anyway?

I also think around the league, players see how good Justin is at what he does best, a baller, an incredible athlete doing eye opening things. So they probably all love him.

And if he adds a consistent read and throw in rhythm, he will/would be a VERY good QB.

6 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Or he could have said nothing.  🤷🏻‍♂️

I seen one interview where he said he was his best friend. People bond when they spend time together. He will have his best season ever with JF1 at QB. They have the highest QB rate between QB-WR in the league.

So I never liked how the Bears passed on Pickens - but understood why at the time given some of the character flags surrounding Pickens. Pickens went on to crush it in year 1 - but looking at year 2 - Pickens has been a complete distraction.  Don't get me wrong - his production has been STRONG, but so much other stuff popping up. 

On flipside - Gordon and Brisker (in particular focusing on Brisker since Pickens went a few picks after him) are trending upwards. Gordon had slow start due to injury this year - but he's trending in right direction and is a physical force at nickel.  Brisker - well at this point, I think he's on a trajectory of being an all pro. The only major question I have with him is can he stay healthy.  The dude is a freaking stud who can change the game - but man does he throw his body around and I worry about the sustainability - but he seems like a great fit in lockeroom and a multiplier on the field.  

Maybe Poles knows a thing or to.  Similarly - I know they passed on Carter - but Wright looks great and Sweat coming in over Young again looked like the right move.  

1 hour ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

So I never liked how the Bears passed on Pickens - but understood why at the time given some of the character flags surrounding Pickens. Pickens went on to crush it in year 1 - but looking at year 2 - Pickens has been a complete distraction.  Don't get me wrong - his production has been STRONG, but so much other stuff popping up. 

On flipside - Gordon and Brisker (in particular focusing on Brisker since Pickens went a few picks after him) are trending upwards. Gordon had slow start due to injury this year - but he's trending in right direction and is a physical force at nickel.  Brisker - well at this point, I think he's on a trajectory of being an all pro. The only major question I have with him is can he stay healthy.  The dude is a freaking stud who can change the game - but man does he throw his body around and I worry about the sustainability - but he seems like a great fit in lockeroom and a multiplier on the field.  

Maybe Poles knows a thing or to.  Similarly - I know they passed on Carter - but Wright looks great and Sweat coming in over Young again looked like the right move.  

Players like Brisker are what sets a physical tone for our defense . What he contributes to the new culture on this  team is much more valuable than what Pickens could bring you.  He was the captain at PSU and Poles was trying to build something here, so went with the guy that has passion and loves football. You dont want whiners in the locker room when you're trying to build new. In a few years our leadership will be built and we can handle some immature players. I think Poles gets it. Use Jenkins as an example. Because he didnt work hard in practice , he sat until he got the hits attitude embraced. He could have lost him but our best OLman bought in . I think Poles brings a Tomlin type attitude to the Bears as a GM. Flus fits that mold, that's why he choose him.

3 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Players like Brisker are what sets a physical tone for our defense . What he contributes to the new culture on this  team is much more valuable than what Pickens could bring you.  He was the captain at PSU and Poles was trying to build something here, so went with the guy that has passion and loves football. You dont want whiners in the locker room when you're trying to build new. In a few years our leadership will be built and we can handle some immature players. I think Poles gets it. Use Jenkins as an example. Because he didnt work hard in practice , he sat until he got the hits attitude embraced. He could have lost him but our best OLman bought in . I think Poles brings a Tomlin type attitude to the Bears as a GM. Flus fits that mold, that's why he choose him.

Flus said when they drafted Brisker it was because he loved football. You always see him trying to motivate his D all game.  He has become one of my favorites

3 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Players like Brisker are what sets a physical tone for our defense . What he contributes to the new culture on this  team is much more valuable than what Pickens could bring you.

Can you imagine if we replace Eddie Jackson with another one like Brisker?  Our DB's would be elite...

13 minutes ago, adam said:

What a wild MNF. Giants and Titans win to get their 5th wins AND the Packers lose. So the Bears got help in the draft and for playoff push.

Illini alum DeVito orchestrates a game winning drive and Will Levis looks like a gem against the Phins, two exciting games that go our way! 

12 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Illini alum DeVito orchestrates a game winning drive and Will Levis looks like a gem against the Phins, two exciting games that go our way! 

I liked him at Illinois, always thought he was scrappy and would be pretty good if he had real weapons around him.