Anything comments

Stinger226

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

This right here is the difference between why the Bears are not 6-6 right now. Had they been able to hold the lead against Denver and Detroit we’d be talking a different tune. 

Granted the defense’s stats haven’t been great ALL season, they sure have been fun to watch these last couple games.  

Oh for sure. The players are good! They ARE fun to watch!

I just think the scheme isnt so great - but the players are playing hard.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

This right here is the difference between why the Bears are not 6-6 right now. Had they been able to hold the lead against Denver and Detroit we’d be talking a different tune. 

Granted the defense’s stats haven’t been great ALL season, they sure have been fun to watch these last couple games.  

The whole narrative would be different. 

1 minute ago, Stinger226 said:

Seen a proposed trade of the #1 pick to LV for ( currently) 11, #42, #1 next year and Max Crosby.

Would you do that trade knowing our pick wont be top 8?

If you use the Rich Hill model, #1 is worth 1000, #11 is worth 358, it would be #43, which is 138, a #1 next year normally worth half the value, so 179 + Crosby who should be worth a mid-1st (305) = 980. So that seems close enough, but with Sweat already getting paid, they probably would rather trade for a 3T. 

Mitch Trubisky is willing the Patriots to victory. Wow he looks bad. 3-8, 19 yds, 1 INT, which is a 6.3 Passer Rating.

A Patriots win would be huge for the Bears (it would almost assure the Bears of the #1 pick from CAR's pick) because they would have a 2 game gap between them and NE and ARZ. 

3 minutes ago, adam said:

If you use the Rich Hill model, #1 is worth 1000, #11 is worth 358, it would be #43, which is 138, a #1 next year normally worth half the value, so 179 + Crosby who should be worth a mid-1st (305) = 980. So that seems close enough, but with Sweat already getting paid, they probably would rather trade for a 3T. 

Its fantasy but Crosby and Sweat? that could be very interesting.

I think Andrew Billings is the main reason the Bears run defense is so good. When they run the ball, the NT has pretty much the same job on every play: shed the block, penetrate and disrupt the play and make the tackle if he comes into your gap.

So maybe that's not attributable to how well Eberflus tells him that, and more just to do with how well he does it :)

I also agree another real threat from the other edge player is going to make the whole defense much better. Salary cap-wise, that's probably a younger ascending player. Obviously Crosby and Sweat would be insane together if you can afford them.

I've been saying to take a QB with our actual first rounder (#5?), and spend the #1 overall on Marvin Harrison Jr. But I could see taking the haul of picks and a great player instead - but only if I knew I could still get a top QB with that other pick, and that depends on how those different QBs were grading out in my mind, what the scouts were saying etc.

From my way of seeing it, maybe the question is "would you rather have MHJr, or that kind of a haul of picks
an a player. And you'd have either of those choices along with a rookie QB taken at 5-8.

1 hour ago, BearFan PHX said:

I think Andrew Billings is the main reason the Bears run defense is so good. When they run the ball, the NT has pretty much the same job on every play: shed the block, penetrate and disrupt the play and make the tackle if he comes into your gap.

So maybe that's not attributable to how well Eberflus tells him that, and more just to do with how well he does it :)

I also agree another real threat from the other edge player is going to make the whole defense much better. Salary cap-wise, that's probably a younger ascending player. Obviously Crosby and Sweat would be insane together if you can afford them.

I've been saying to take a QB with our actual first rounder (#5?), and spend the #1 overall on Marvin Harrison Jr. But I could see taking the haul of picks and a great player instead - but only if I knew I could still get a top QB with that other pick, and that depends on how those different QBs were grading out in my mind, what the scouts were saying etc.

From my way of seeing it, maybe the question is "would you rather have MHJr, or that kind of a haul of picks
an a player. And you'd have either of those choices along with a rookie QB taken at 5-8.

What if they trade pick 1 for pick 3 and a haul.  Chances are still good MHJ is there.  Bilicheck would take a franchise QB or LT before WR. Cardinals are a wildcard on what they do, but I figure a QB. 

25 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

What if they trade pick 1 for pick 3 and a haul.  Chances are still good MHJ is there.  Bilicheck would take a franchise QB or LT before WR. Cardinals are a wildcard on what they do, but I figure a QB. 

I dont think MHJr will last to #3, but I am cool with lots of different scenarios with pick #1. I think if we play with #1 overall, we should grab a rookie QB with that second first rounder, #5 I guess it will be?

I may change on this as I learn more in the offseason, but right now, there are a bunch of QBs I'd be OK with, and one will be available at the 5th pick for sure. Possibly even at 8 or 10 or something like that, but I havent done any thinking on predicting that.

But if we got MHJr with pick #1, or we traded it for a haul, and we got one of:
(in no order)
Caleb WIlliams
Drake Maye
Jayden Daniels
Michael Penix
JJ McCarthy

with the #5 pick, or an 8th overall or 11th overall from a trade down etc, that'd be great for me.

Im sure as I learn more, Ill shrink my list down, but it seems like we can draft a solid rookie QB and still have that #1 overall pick to play with this year.

36 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Cardinals are not taking a qb. Too hard to with Murray there and his contract (plus he is looking part since coming back and was very good his first 3 years).

Unless of course they traded Murray, their top 2 picks and a future 1st for the #1 (which I would probably do) but is crazy talk. 

The LsU wideout Naybors is who I would take if Bears went qb at 1 and than weapon with next pick. I think Naybors will be a total stud. 

32 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

I dont think MHJr will last to #3, but I am cool with lots of different scenarios with pick #1. I think if we play with #1 overall, we should grab a rookie QB with that second first rounder, #5 I guess it will be?

I may change on this as I learn more in the offseason, but right now, there are a bunch of QBs I'd be OK with, and one will be available at the 5th pick for sure. Possibly even at 8 or 10 or something like that, but I havent done any thinking on predicting that.

But if we got MHJr with pick #1, or we traded it for a haul, and we got one of:
(in no order)
Caleb WIlliams
Drake Maye
Jayden Daniels
Michael Penix
JJ McCarthy

with the #5 pick, or an 8th overall or 11th overall from a trade down etc, that'd be great for me.

Im sure as I learn more, Ill shrink my list down, but it seems like we can draft a solid rookie QB and still have that #1 overall pick to play with this year.

I feel like if Arizona is at 2 - than they will take MHJ. Anyone other than them in top 2 and the top 2 picks with be a qb. Giants or Pats are taking a qb for sure and they will be in top 4. This means if Bears moved from 1 to take a qb - you pretty much know you are getting 4th best as giants and pats are going qb and the team who trades up to 1 would be as well. 

1 hour ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

I feel like if Arizona is at 2 - than they will take MHJ. Anyone other than them in top 2 and the top 2 picks with be a qb. Giants or Pats are taking a qb for sure and they will be in top 4. This means if Bears moved from 1 to take a qb - you pretty much know you are getting 4th best as giants and pats are going qb and the team who trades up to 1 would be as well. 

yes I agree. I think there will be at least 4 QBs off the board by pick #10.

Id be fine with getting ours at #5 or #4 if we have that pick. If we are closer to #8 or something liek that, then it makes it tougher to play with the #1 pick if you need a QB.

I suppose that a new England could trade up with us to get thier guy and wed be there at #3 or #4 to take our QB and still have #8 to spend on a WR or OT or DL

8 hours ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

You really think NYG are taking a QB after paying Daniel Jones earlier this year? $69M in dead money in 2024. They may still draft one but that would be a huge boat anchor because if Jones is on the bench or cut, they are eating that money either way. Also, if they draft one AND keep Jones, they could be paying him $47M (cap hit) to sit on the pine. Cutting him would seem to be highly unlikely because they would need to shave another $22M off the cap. Granted, they could do that with other cuts, but then 3-4 vet starters would be UDFA or vet min guys.

For ARZ, are they even in a position to draft a WR that high? That would mean all in on Murray, but with that O-Line? Their offense and defense are near the bottom of the league. Adding MHJ would be like the Ferrari at the trailer park. 

Cardinals are struck with Murray, they dont get cap relief from his contract until 2027. There are lots of good WRs in this draft , they may also trade back because of needs. They could trade back get a OT and a WR in the second. The top 2 picks will be QBs and doubt we will keep the top spot and draft MHJ.

Giants have Jones for at least one year if not 2. The big money controls these situations.