Anything comments

Stinger226

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys think all fan bases are as fanatical  as this community? Example:  keep Fields- dump Fields, Its such a wide divide. I get losing incites people but we have to keep in mind that this is the first time we have ever seen a complete rebuild. It's usually a new coach, add a few pieces and we can compete. 

Poles had 17 of 22 new starters, 43 0d 53 man roster are new, 2 drafts. Why does everyone compare to anomalies?  Houston, Detroit? This is Detroit's 3rd year, Houston has a great rookie QB with 2 first round OTs in front of him, decent weapons', a new DC as a coach. Detroit was 1-7 last year before they went on a winning streak to finish 9-8. This our 2nd season in the rebuild and have went 3-3 in our last 6 games. Yes we beat some bad teams but bad teams have easy schedules. Houston is on a run but lost to a Carolina team 2 weeks before we played them. 

This is Flus first head coaching job along with Getsy as a OC. Anytime we lose this much , as a fanbase , we want to blow it up. Flus still has players making effort, usually they start to just go thru  the motions. Since he took over the D , they are playing a lot better. Run D is now 3rd instead of 32nd last year. we have a good group of DBs which is almost all healthy. He picked up Sweat to help our pressure game. I think If healthy, we can be a top 5 D instead of last as we did last year.

With so many young players, it is just going to take longer to get up to speed. If we win more games than we lose in the last 7, Flus may not lose he's job. The last time we hired a new coach it was a OC but how did that work out with Nagy? Poles has set the team up with great draft capital and cap space. I think we are one draft away from making a playoff run. As far as Fields goes, he has some moments that he shined but many bad moments. Is it fair to him to judge his growth with a bad roster and spotty coaching? I think not. 

29 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Do you guys think all fan bases are as fanatical  as this community? Example:  keep Fields- dump Fields, Its such a wide divide. I get losing incites people but we have to keep in mind that this is the first time we have ever seen a complete rebuild. It's usually a new coach, add a few pieces and we can compete. 

Poles had 17 of 22 new starters, 43 0d 53 man roster are new, 2 drafts. Why does everyone compare to anomalies?  Houston, Detroit? This is Detroit's 3rd year, Houston has a great rookie QB with 2 first round OTs in front of him, decent weapons', a new DC as a coach. Detroit was 1-7 last year before they went on a winning streak to finish 9-8. This our 2nd season in the rebuild and have went 3-3 in our last 6 games. Yes we beat some bad teams but bad teams have easy schedules. Houston is on a run but lost to a Carolina team 2 weeks before we played them. 

This is Flus first head coaching job along with Getsy as a OC. Anytime we lose this much , as a fanbase , we want to blow it up. Flus still has players making effort, usually they start to just go thru  the motions. Since he took over the D , they are playing a lot better. Run D is now 3rd instead of 32nd last year. we have a good group of DBs which is almost all healthy. He picked up Sweat to help our pressure game. I think If healthy, we can be a top 5 D instead of last as we did last year.

With so many young players, it is just going to take longer to get up to speed. If we win more games than we lose in the last 7, Flus may not lose he's job. The last time we hired a new coach it was a OC but how did that work out with Nagy? Poles has set the team up with great draft capital and cap space. I think we are one draft away from making a playoff run. As far as Fields goes, he has some moments that he shined but many bad moments. Is it fair to him to judge his growth with a bad roster and spotty coaching? I think not. 

At least there are 7 games to get a deeper look.  I have been trying to say the same that this is a young team, dealt with a lot of injuries, and until they get a big Win they don't have that confidence. Watch what happens if they go to Detroit and find a way to win.  When you start to see some swagger, you know their confidence is growing.

3 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

The last time we hired a new coach it was a OC but how did that work out with Nagy?

Historically the team has tried (ever since Lovie was canned) to get it right and cater more to what they think the trend is or would work best for them. After Lovie we needed an offensive minded guy to work with Cutler so they went with Trestman.  After he made a shambles of things they thought bringing in an “older coach with a winning pedigree” would help level things out so they brought in Fox. Unfortunately time had passed him by and he was no longer effective as a coach so they pivoted back to going offense as they needed someone to help develop Trubiksy and we got Nagy.  And well here we are.  Once again discussing blowing it all up; coaches and players (at least at QB).  

I agree with your analysis (and appreciate the positive vibe).  I agree that things, although not at playoff level yet, do appear to be making positive trends for all the things you said.  And keep in mind, this is despite all the behind the scene turmoil of coaches resigning and getting fired mid-season.  All of that has to affect (or at least distract) some of these young players to some level.  I don’t know whether Flus is the answer but I’m also not 100% sure he needs to go just yet. 

5 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Historically the team has tried (ever since Lovie was canned) to get it right and cater more to what they think the trend is or would work best for them. After Lovie we needed an offensive minded guy to work with Cutler so they went with Trestman.  After he made a shambles of things they thought bringing in an “older coach with a winning pedigree” would help level things out so they brought in Fox. Unfortunately time had passed him by and he was no longer effective as a coach so they pivoted back to going offense as they needed someone to help develop Trubiksy and we got Nagy.  And well here we are.  Once again discussing blowing it all up; coaches and players (at least at QB).  

I agree with your analysis (and appreciate the positive vibe).  I agree that things, although not at playoff level yet, do appear to be making positive trends for all the things you said.  And keep in mind, this is despite all the behind the scene turmoil of coaches resigning and getting fired mid-season.  All of that has to affect (or at least distract) some of these young players to some level.  I don’t know whether Flus is the answer but I’m also not 100% sure he needs to go just yet. 

I agree with that for the most part . Constantly changing coaches every 2-3 yrs never works out.  He has 7 games to prove his worth but the NFL measures success by wins. If he goes 4-3 or better, I think he will be back. If not a change will be needed. He has the same disadvantages that Fields has, poor roster and inconsistency from Getsy calling plays. If we only win one or two games that means Justin isnt playing well and Getsy is not doing well with the game plans and we will have new faces here next year.

Was watching C Williams today and his play hasnt been impressive. (its called eye test) but did notice Lalatu Latu (edge from UCLA) and he has been impressive. He is 6'5" 265 at 22. He has 13 sacks this year with 1 game left to play. He had 30 pressures up to todays game.

Last night was a QB clinic, I hope Fields took notes.

Hurts had 150 yds passing, 0 TD, and 1 INT, but won. His last drive was a 5 play punt drive that left 2:49 on the clock for Mahomes (w/ 2 timeouts).

Mahomes had 177 passing yards for a 4.1 Y/A, 2 TD, 1 INT and lost. His 2nd half drives consisted of Punt, Punt, Fumble, Punt, Punt, Turnover On Downs.  Mahomes also got the benefit of a ton of calls and still couldn't do anything with them.

Jalen Carter, the DROY, best player in the 2023 draft, had 3 tackles, 0 TFL, 0 Sacks, and 0 QB Hits. 

2 hours ago, adam said:

Last night was a QB clinic

The end of the first half and middle of the second was a Spags-a-thon.  The KC defense was stuffing the Eagles at every turn.  And the KC crowd came to help. 

I was surprised to hear (repeatedly) that KC has the most drops (passing) in the NFL.  Last night it showed.  Sheesh it was bad 

4 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

It reminded me of any Bear game I watched.

It did lol.

2 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

The end of the first half and middle of the second was a Spags-a-thon.  The KC defense was stuffing the Eagles at every turn.  And the KC crowd came to help. 

I was surprised to hear (repeatedly) that KC has the most drops (passing) in the NFL.  Last night it showed.  Sheesh it was bad 

Yeah, a Mooney trade to KC would've made a lot of sense. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up there next season as an FA (Nagy connection).

6 hours ago, adam said:

Shaq Leonard was just released by the Colts....

I didn't see that coming, seems very random, especially the timing. 

The Bears seemed to load up on LBs in the preseason. I'd pass, but wouldn't be surprised if they take a flier. I like the 4 we have, I think Edmund's has alot more to show but hasn't had the health.

10 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

The Bears seemed to load up on LBs in the preseason. I'd pass, but wouldn't be surprised if they take a flier. I like the 4 we have, I think Edmund's has alot more to show but hasn't had the health.

No good player gets cut midseason.   Even if we did sign Shaq Leonard he likely isn't a special teams player so he's not a backup LB.  If he starts that means TJ Edwards sits on the bench or moves over to SLB.  I don't think we paid Edwards $6mil/yr to be a part-time player.  

6 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Oh his contract is too big and they already committed a lot to Edmunds. I was just shocked, very odd timing. Why now? He has to clear waivers and someone has to take on his contract. I was thinking it would be a playoff team with cap space. It looks like the 49ers or Browns could do it.

9 minutes ago, adam said:

Oh his contract is too big and they already committed a lot to Edmunds. I was just shocked, very odd timing. Why now? He has to clear waivers and someone has to take on his contract. I was thinking it would be a playoff team with cap space. It looks like the 49ers or Browns could do it.

If he's not picked up on waivers, he's a free agent.  The team he goes to can sign him for whatever.  He doesn't fit the new scheme the Colts play and he's not back to 100%.  He's a perfect fit for this system and can probably be had on the cheap. 

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

Here is a good breakdown of the OL play.

Yeah, the OL has been playing really well. If you can trust Jenkins not to be injured, we have a really nice group. We obviously need to pick up a center, and some might say we need a LT if a really good one is available to us, maybe in the 2nd round. But there is no denying this unit could grow to be one of the best in the NFL.

Our RBs are competitive too, and DJ Moore plus MHJr would give us a hell of an offensive roster.

Harbaugh loves to run the ball. You can see that McCarthy threw half the number of passes as his peers on that list above, and they win every game.

I think we should all watch the Michigan / Ohio State game this weekend - battle of 11-0 teams, should be insightful. MHJr too. :)

I think Braxton Jones has progressed enough to project him at the LT spot. Would Alt or Olu F be better ,yes but why repeat a existing position when you need to add somewhere that is weak. We will have a top 3 pick so MHJ is in play, and with a probable top 10 pick, not sure that is tradable. We need to trade back and get a 2nd round pick back so if we drop back can we still draft J Newton ( best 3T) or a viable edge player ( Latu or Robinson)? We still need a OC, FS , players we can pick in the next few rounds plus QB prospect. To get a Jaylon Daniels or a Penix, we have to use a 2nd round pick we dont have as of yet but the way Poles have handled his first 2 drafts, I expect him to find one. 

We also have the luxury of cap space that could net us a new OC and FS. I think he works it out to be able to draft the best player available at our spots. Poles is not perfect but he has did a good job of building the roster. The OL needs a OC and swing OT upgrade. The D  needs a 3 T and another edge. I think he easily fills those spots.

Im not sold on Harbaugh as the next coach, due to the fact he will want more power than Warren and Poles will give him. Is he an upgrade, absolutely but there will be other choices. i want to see everyone in play before I swoon for Harbaugh. 

12 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

Yeah, the OL has been playing really well. If you can trust Jenkins not to be injured, we have a really nice group. We obviously need to pick up a center, and some might say we need a LT if a really good one is available to us, maybe in the 2nd round. But there is no denying this unit could grow to be one of the best in the NFL.

Our RBs are competitive too, and DJ Moore plus MHJr would give us a hell of an offensive roster.

Harbaugh loves to run the ball. You can see that McCarthy threw half the number of passes as his peers on that list above, and they win every game.

I think we should all watch the Michigan / Ohio State game this weekend - battle of 11-0 teams, should be insightful. MHJr too. :)

I see LT like you see QB, you cannot pass up a generational talent. I think we all agree that MHJ is a player we need. 

17 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

One good thing about MHJ is that he'll be ready on day one.  He's been trained his entire life by possibly the best route runner of all time. (Along with Rice and Fitz)

No matter who the QB is, you run MHJ, DJ ,and add in Kmet, you have a serious passing game. Along with a excellent rushing game? You have something.