Who's Online (See full list)
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,547 topics in this forum
-
Bears are two-point dogs at home. The wheels have fallen off the Cowboys in their last two games and the Bills and Pats have given the Bears a blueprint for success. Dallas has 1 win against a team with more than 3 wins, the 5-7 Eagles. Trubisky is playing for his career. He will get a full week to prep for the Cowboys playing outside in the cold. The Bears need this game more than the Cowboys. Bears 20-12
-
- 39 replies
- 3.7k views
-
-
This year, our passing game outlook is simply so different, it is hard to grasp. We have a franchise, top 5 potential QB. We have an upgraded OL which may not be great, but looks pretty good. While we do not have "elite" WR talent (proven) we have considerable potential and quantity, more than I believe I can recall in some time. I have been playing w/ the numbers, and just have a hard time rationing out the stats. IMHO, looking at Cutler, I think 4,000 yards on 340 completions is not out of the question. I know the yardage total is lower than last year, but we are not going to be as pass happy as Denver. The 340 catches is actually more than he had last…
-
- 17 replies
- 3.7k views
-
-
So many of us have expressed dissatisfaction with Lovie and Co,. wondering on thoughts about next year for Lovie and staff. I was talking to my dad last night and it led me to feel that maybe it would be best to keep him on, he has been a good figure for Chicago and with the help of Emery in the future maybe he will have the players to take us to the big game. I say this with some trepidation as I am not a fan of his Defensive philosophy but overall he seems to do a good job... What do the experts think?
-
- 29 replies
- 3.7k views
-
-
Three things that really stood out to me: 1. Paraphrasing, Jay basically said- "Brian never apologized to me" and he said it with a sarcastic chuckle. Does anyone think that this could have long term bad effects on this team? I know we're already heading in a downward spiral, but when your 2 faces of the franchise seem to not like one another, that just gets the spiral going even faster. While I agree that the 2 will never be on the field at the same time during the game, I just hate to see this especially when everything else is going wrong. 2. He also mentioned that it takes long for an offense to gel. He said it took 3+ years in Denver. Jay, I hate to be a d*…
-
- 22 replies
- 3.7k views
-
-
A whole lot of Jay Cutler’s ex-coaches are ripping him, anonymously http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/...im-anonymously/ http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post...with-jay-cutler Posted by Michael David Smith on March 4, 2015, 2:29 PM EST Jay Cutler AP Bears quarterback Jay Cutler has rubbed a lot of his coaches the wrong way during his time in Chicago, and now they’re ripping him in the media — but not putting their names behind their criticism. ESPN cites “at least 10 former Chicago Bears staffers from the Lovie Smith and Marc Trestman regimes” who say they don’t think the Bears can contend for a title with Cutler as the quarterback.…
-
- 28 replies
- 3.7k views
-
-
Wouldn't you think of all OC's, Turner would know the most how to utilize Garret Wolfe. His brother runs the show in San Diego and while Norv is a terrible coach he's done a ton with a similar scat back. Couldn't Ron have made a call pretty easily to figure out some better ways to utilize Garret? Now my guess is that Ron has and I personally think the Bears need to utilize Wolfe more, but before we get crazy on things, if you watch the Chargers, they don't just throw screen passes with Sproles. They run him inside, outside, use him as a decoy, etc. Bottom line, I want everyone to remember that for Wolfe to succeed the Bears will have to do the sam…
-
- 16 replies
- 3.7k views
-
-
Start Bowman or Graham. Vasher is done. Peace
-
- 21 replies
- 3.7k views
-
-
Per Jay Glazer, Lovie is finalizing deal to become the coach for the dreamsicles ( I miss those unis)
-
- 29 replies
- 3.7k views
-
-
Among the MANY things that come to mind once the shock settles in was the value Denver placed on Orton. Watching NFL Network, I think they were talking w/ Charlie Casserly. Pretty sure that's who it was. Anyway, he said there were several other teams very serious in the mix, but at the end, it came down to Orton. NYJ - They were willing to match picks, but Denver didn't care for their young, unproven QB prospects. Wash - Simply put. Casserly said Denver preferred Orton over Campbell, and by some measure. The feeling was Campbell was more similar (in terms of style) to Cutler, while Orton is more similar to Cassell, who he wanted all along. Minn…
-
- 15 replies
- 3.7k views
-
-
-
If we change coaches and, thus, defensive schemes, does Urlacher come back? He was perfect for Lovie's cover 2 but does he fit a 3-4 scheme? Emery has no long-term tie to Urlacher and should bring in players that fit the scheme best. I know we all love Urlacher and want him to retire a Bear but the reality is that is a decision we are making is based on emotion. We need to be prepared for the very realistic chance he will not be back with the Bears. Peace
-
- 30 replies
- 3.6k views
-
-
I know there h 've been concerns with our Dline but Conte and Wright are useless.
-
- 22 replies
- 3.6k views
-
-
I know we've been over this with a backhoe but now that the season actually is over what does everyone's crystal ball say?
-
- 14 replies
- 3.6k views
-
-
If you could change one piece of the Bears, no matter what it is, and the sole purpose was to make them better, what would you change? I think I'd go with an OC. I'd like the Bears to hire a guy who is well establishe, well known for being successful, a guy who is considered a good gametime adjuster, and someone who has a track record for QB development. Is there even a guy like this?!
-
- 14 replies
- 3.6k views
-
-
-
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true Some pretty good changes. The coin toss one is interesting.
-
- 12 replies
- 3.6k views
-
-
Let's say we do not get another WR in FA or via the draft. I show the following on the roster: - Hester - Davis - Bennett - Aromashodu (waived by Indy - did not play for us) - Rideau - Burgess (practice squad) I would assume then the top 5 would make the team with Hester, Davis, and Bennett as the top 3. If this is the case then why not play Olsen more at WR (he played around 15% of his plays there this last yr with Kellen Davis and Clark at TE). We had some success with Olsen at WR last yr and I would love to see Kellen Davis get some time on the field - he looked very good in the preseason. Formation could be 2 WR (Hester and Olsen), 2 TE …
-
- 17 replies
- 3.6k views
-
-
I've heard that in Chicago there is a growing consensus that Urlacher hasn't exactly been overly excited about the move. Apparently on WSCR, Urlacher has been getting blasted for comments he made today. I've heard the comments he made on ESPN Radio and he definately didn't sound overly optmistic but he also didn't sound negative. Does anyone think this is going to be an issue? I know I've been pretty open on the fact that I'm 1000% behind Cutler. I'd give him a 100M extension right now if I had to. The guy is badass, I wanted him in the draft that year and I love his gunslinging attitude, overall abilities and his stats (including how freaking good he's been in…
-
- 17 replies
- 3.6k views
-
-
was Garza better at G or C? The reason I ask, I thought its been mentioned that he was better at G. Why not Move Long to RT, have Mills as a back up and put Garza back at G. Then draft or sign a Center. Wouldn't that make the Oline a whole lot better, that is if Garza would be capable at performing well at G. The Bears will get Slauson back. RT- Long RG- Garza C- player to be named LG- Slauson LT- Bushrod or swap Long and Bushrod........Maybe Im wrong but Long was drafted to one day be a T.
-
- 17 replies
- 3.6k views
-
-
I know there are a lot of if's, but if the 2 vets work out, and the rookies play to their potential, could this possibly be the best group of LB's ever? Just seems like I have never seen a team with 5 LB's that could potentially be starters. I am really excited about this bunch.
-
- 18 replies
- 3.6k views
-