Who's Online (See full list)
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,548 topics in this forum
-
Check out TalkChicagoSports The new front page for the network has launched just in time for the NFL draft. We'll have pieces flowing regarding the Bears selection throughout the day and there is also a Bears and Sox story already active. We will be adding features to the site throughout the next month or two as it gets better established. Please provide us with feedback. Note: The Site does not work with Mozilla (it is a sub-standard browser that blows compared to IE). However, I am working on fixing the issues related to Mozilla and hopefully in a week or so the site will show up properly in Mozilla (and when I say it doesn't work, I mean it looks hideous…
-
- 7 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
With the Bears winning the NFC North, and coming in as the #2 seed into the playoffs with a bye, what would they have to do to deem this season as a success?
-
- 13 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
-
I hate to say it to this board.........but I told you so that the Bears were going to win this game. Jones & Forte rush for over 150 yards, defense scores 9 points, Gould 2 for 2 in field goals no fumbles lost or interceptions throw by Orton, the defense gave up 50 yards rushing. Bears Offense 20 Colts 13 =WIN! Bears defeense 9 Colts defense 0 = WIN!
-
- 10 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
It's that sad time of the year gain. Last Bears game of the season with the long wait till the new season & continuing new hope Bears win to go to .500 & end a miserable season that had so much promise after 10 weeks
-
- 23 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
Looks like we won't have to worry about Matt Forte to much longer according to the Chicago Tribune.' Forte close to signing Just as we were starting to think about sweating. Jeez, we worry too much.
-
- 9 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...1012-story.html So, where does the team stand? When you have players like Porter and Cutler (yes I said Cutler) who can somehow play "hurt" with a bad hammy...this continues with AJ? I know he needs to be near 100% to be really effective but c'mon! Theoretically since he's not doing much now he won't have much value come 'new contract' or when other teams come sniffing.
-
- 17 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
This season could be very interesting as different governors react differently to this year's pandemic. I say this year's pandemic because we have one every few years and most are worse than the current one. Anyway as I look at our schedule I see an away game in Week 1 at Detroit. That being one state where the governor refuses to let people sit alone in a boat. I'd say there's a good chance we don't have fans at that game and that's a big help for us. Later we have Week 7 in LA where we have another governor who is now worried about a 3rd wave of Coronavirus. That should be another great opportunity to see a level playing field on the road. OTOH I don't live in I…
-
- 26 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
Outscored 68-17 in the two games combined.
-
- 14 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
If we keep the combine in thought but go back and look at production WHO DO WE PICK games-tackles-TFL-S-PBU-INT Beasley:2014 13 34 21.5 12.0 3 0 Dupree: 2014 12 74 12.5 7.5 1 1 Gregory: 2014 11 54 10.0 7.0 Ray: 2014 14 65 22.5 14.5 Fowler: 2014 12 60 15.0 8.5 Orchard:2014 13 84 21.0 18.5 Harold: 2014 12 54 14.5 7.0 Kikaha: 2014 14 72 25.0 19.0 Size and speed matter, competition, work ethic, attitude, tape,production If you take a closer look, if a player is on a real good team, there are usually other play makers that lowers a persons stats looked at some tape on all of the above and have …
-
- 13 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
How has nobody posted this yet? Here's what Mike Florio from PFT has to say: "Cut last week by the Jets, veteran cornerback Lito Sheppard is looking for a new home. We're told that two teams are in the mix for his services. Per a league source, the Detroit Lions and the Chicago Bears have expressed interest. To date, no visits have been scheduled."
-
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000067...n-longterm-deal It is now close to crunch time and we'll soon know what happens. Based on this report it seems Jeffrey's agent has released that the Bears are not offering anything close to what Jeffrey wants. It appears the Bears are settled in around $12mil/yr and Jeffrey wants much more. I presume that is around $14mil/yr. Earlier in the offseason I put Jeffrey's value around $12mil/yr but these things often take on odd trajectories. I don't see Jeffrey belonging among the top 5 at all (obviously he's there at the moment based on the Franchise deal). I think he belongs somewhere among 6-10. Hilton sits at th…
-
- 13 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
Now that we've thrown in on QB, the strength of the draft remains DB and TE. We also have big name defenders falling. Can we get a Jonathan Allen our Malik Hooker in the 2nd?
-
- 26 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
I looked at 14 different 2023 Big Boards and recorded their top 10s. Using those slots, this is how the non-QB top 10 looks with the highest pick first, then number of times in the top 10: 1 Carter,DL,1-3, ranked 1st or 2nd, except 3rd once 2 Anderson,Edge,1-5 , ranked 1st or 2nd, except for one 3rd, 4th, and 5th 3 Murphy,Edge,3-10+, ranked in top 10 11 times 4 Johnston,WR,3-10+, ranked in top 10 5 times 5 Robinson,RB,4-10+ , ranked in top 10 10 times 6 Skoronski,OL,4-10+, ranked in top 10 8 times 7 Wilson,Edge,5-10+, ranked in top 10 8 times 8 Witherspoon,CB,5-10+, ranked in top 10 3 times 9 Bresee,DL,6-10+, ranked in top 1…
-
- 47 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-dra...rterbacks-again 2nd pick = Bosa http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2572923...ts-after-week-3 1st pick = Jared Goff http://walterfootball.com/draft2016.php 1st pick = Connor Cook http://www.todayspigskin.com/from-the-side...ft-version-3-0/ 1st pick = Jared Goff
-
- 17 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
About me though, not the Bears. Some here wanted me to keep them updated, and as a collective group of bear fans who supported me throughout this process, I wanted to share the good news with everyone. As a lot of you probably already know, I was an aspiring D-I football player but wasnt recruited out of high school. I then went onto a Junior College and had a successful freshman season. Well, my hard work paid off and on wednesday I signed with Northern Illinois to play football. I just wanted to share the good news with you guys cause you've supported me throughout this whole process and did nothing but wish me the best of luck. Unfortunately, while my activity on …
-
- 16 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
Maybe I didn't pay much attention to it before because I never saw him play, but I just took a look at his numbers and was shaking my head as to how they equate him into Hall of Fame status. Somebody help me out here. He plays 7 seasons, only rushes for over 1000 yards twice, he wasn't that effective in the passing game, and only had 7 150+ yard games in his career. Matt Forte has already doubled that. I know they only played 14 games during that era and he did some great things on special teams but to me, Sayers numbers are not even close to Hall of Fame worthy. Is Forte going to eclipse Sayers as the 2nd best Bears running back before his career is over? That might actu…
-
- 21 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
With the Bears finishing 5-12 last year makes it feel like a herculean effort to even get to a winning record at 9-8. However, turn arounds with much more wins are almost commonplace nowadays. Last year alone, 3 of the top 9 teams in the NFL all had a win differential of +6 from the previous season: WAS 4-13 > 12-5 (+8) MIN 7-10 > 14-3 (+7) LAC 5-12 > 11-6 (+6) I feel like there is less correlation from year to year than ever before. In the season prior to winning 12 games, WAS lost their last 8 games, MIN finished 1-6 with their only win a 3-0 barnburner against LVR. LAC finished 1-8 and their only win was a 6-0 win against NE. So as mu…
-
- 43 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
State of the Bears by the Ashkum Bear With the 2008 draft completed, the Bears have added alot of pieces. Many highly regarded analysts and scouts have given the Bears mixed reviews. The one big question asked by all is why didn't the Bears select a QB when they have started a gazillion different ones in the tenure of Favres career. They could have selected Henne or Brohm with there second round pick as both were considered low first round talent. They could have taken Brennan or Woodson with there fifth round pick also. The only reason I could see is maybe adding another developmental project when your other two are still obviously developments would have dil…
-
- 10 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
--well the line looks a little better, but that aint saying much --I get that its a practice game so I wont jump all over martz' ass cause he might want to get a look at things on film, but if he is still calling a 2 to 1 pass to run ratio when the season starts, he needs to be held accountable. --The defense looks like they have no energy. The outside linebackers have not held leverage all night and look like crap. --They should just shoot chester taylor now. -- Roy Williams is a joke. I hate that guy already. What an insult to the rest of the team, come in out of shape and drops the damn ball. --WTF is up with the special teams. The c…
-
- 9 replies
- 3.3k views
-