Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bearstalk

Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN

  1. Started by dawhizz,

    It's early, but with the recent additions, I wanted to get opinions on where you think our roster shakes out. Some positions seem pretty clear, others not so much. I have to say in looking at the initial 53-man roster last year, I couldn't believe some of the names. Greg Scruggs? Amini Silotolu? Were they really on the team? QB: Glennon, Sanchez, Trubisky Trubisky probably doesn't dress for the first few games at least. Bears will probably try to keep Shaw on the practice squad. RB: Howard, Langford, Cohen I like Cunningham, but he and Cohen are pretty duplicative, especially if Cohen can return kicks. I do think there's an outside chance the Bears keep…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.3k views
  2. Started by 50england50,

    What are your thoughts on the biggest disappoint this year. Mine is the offense and especially the offensive line. I understand the Cutler concerns and it depends on everyone's position i.e. Are you a Culter or a hater. My position is that I felt he has the physical tools and hoped he would gain the mental apptitude to play the position however his salary this year is guaranteed so if you can't trade him do you cut him and take the $16 million + cap hit. I wouldn't. Should we have drafted a QB in hindsight yes but the ones drafted this year could regress. In relation to the oline I feel this is the most important piece and could still change our season. We hav…

  3. Started by AZ54,

    Just looking at a few photos and some of the early parts of camp a few players standout. First is a leaner but hopefully stronger Adam Shaheen. Leonard Floyd looks like he's finally added enough bulk to be a more consistent threat as a pass rusher but he's still lean and should still have his quickness. Tarik Cohen is definitely stronger this season too. We'll see how this translates to their play on the field. Today is the first open day of practice so we'll get plenty of reports. https://www.chicagobears.com/photos/practice-snaps-training-camp-day-1#ec7f2489-aacd-44df-b1dd-1c73e5a99151

    • 22 replies
    • 2.2k views
  4. Started by adam,

    It is great that the Bears will have both Hightower and Borgonzi coaching there. They will get some great in depth looks at players that other teams won't. Hopefully they helps the draft values. With Hightower as the HC and Borgonzi as the D coordinator, I bet the Bears draft at least one defensive player from the East squad. Here are the rosters: https://shrinebowl.com/rosters/ There seems to be a week of activities: https://shrinebowl.com/news/2024-game-week-schedule/ before the game, so we should get some intel as early as this Thursday/Friday.

    • 10 replies
    • 924 views
  5. Started by sulster,

    I will admit i was very unhappy about the pick on draft day and voiced my opinion. After reading and seeing the clips on youtube, i was wrong. Looks like the front office does know more than I do. He is the exact opposite of Seabass, who i despised with a passion.

    • 9 replies
    • 2.9k views
  6. Started by Grouchy Bear,

    According to the Chicago Tribune, Eben Britton was cut. Surprising that they would considering he played well last year.

  7. Started by dawhizz,

    He had a pretty significant role last year as a 3rd tackle. Chicago Bears ‏@ChicagoBears ·4m LM: #Bears have retained veteran OL Eben Britton, who has agreed to a 1-year contract.

    • 8 replies
    • 1.4k views
  8. Started by scs787,

    Chicago Bears ‏@ChicagoBears 4m LM: #Bears have retained veteran OL Eben Britton, who has agreed to a 1-year contract. Saw this one coming, surprised it took so long.

    • 0 replies
    • 599 views
  9. Started by BearFan PHX,

    I thought this probably deserved it's own thread. I just wanted to note how much talk there is about replacing him from all the sportswriters and radio people. No one is holding back at all. We really crossed a threshold fast this past week. I guess people are remembering the three games he blew at the end last year too. I posted over the offseason that if the pattern repeated this year it would gain momentum fast. And conversely if we were winning, last year would be forgotten. Sure seems like that's how its working out. THe past two years forgiven until the pattern reestablishes and then there would be VERY little patience at that point.

    • 40 replies
    • 2.9k views
  10. Started by BearFan PHX,

    I think I have been the most vocal critic of Matt Eberflus on this board? Probably so. And I have some observations to make about the last month or two. My two main criticisms of him have been that he has made stupid strategic game decisions, and that he seemed to lack an alpha leadership quality, at least where I was able to see him on TV, in interviews etc. I can't say much about the first one, since we aren't playing games, but I'm hopeful that any of that gets put in check by more assertive coordinators keeping him from going too safe. A better roster should also make him more comfortable to take risks. And perhaps coordinators will dial him back from g…

    • 15 replies
    • 1.4k views
  11. Started by AZ54,

    "What's nice about this draft is that it's deep," Eberflus said. "It's deep just because of the whole COVID thing; guys stayed in [college] another year. We feel that it's a good draft to have where we are: 39, 48, 71. We feel pretty good we're going to pick up three starters there or have potentially three starters based on the development of those players. So, we feel real good about it." https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/chicago-bears-matt-eberflus-ryan-poles-2022-nfl-draft-starters That's exactly where I'm at and any trade back must be met with the same expectation on the end result.

    • 20 replies
    • 1.7k views
  12. Started by Stinger226,

    enough said.

    • 101 replies
    • 7.2k views
  13. Started by AZ54,

    In my first summary of the KC game I stated that this team seemed organized. That was especially true for a new staff, new players, all running new systems and many coaches are in new roles. In his post-game press conference Eberflus was asked about that and this article sums up the preparation that went into that. One item he said that isn't in the article is that the decision to go for it on 4th down late in the game was given to Getsy early. Eberflus told him at the start of that set of downs if he gets to 4th and 3 or less he's going for it. Other things stood out to me as well such as how smoothly we looked when we switched from extra pt to going for 2 af…

    • 2 replies
    • 633 views
  14. Started by Chitownhustla,

    OC = Getsy QB Coach WR RB Oline TE DC Dline LB = Dave Borgonzi DB = James Rowe SP Team

    • 114 replies
    • 10.7k views
  15. Started by AZ54,

    He might as well just say come and get me. Ebron has been a classic talent tease for most of his career but he was very productive in 2018 with Luck as his QB. He is just 26 too which is the age where most of us finally decided to give in and act like an adult. https://sportsmockery.com/2020/01/pro-bowl-te-sends-chicago-bears-cryptic-instagram-message/

    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views
  16. Started by DABEARSDABOMB,

    http://www.49ers.com/team/coaches/Ed-Donat...a9-ed279c6168b8 His BIO is outstanding (for a secondary coached). Cool that he coached my college's football team (which no longer exists) in 1989. Extremely experienced for a DB coach (given his track record as a DC).

    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
  17. Started by Pixote,

    Not too surprising. His play at the end of his time in Chicago showed he no longer had the mindset to be an elite player. I'm sure Poles saw the same thing in his evaluations. DT Eddie Goldman informs Falcons he intends to retire

    • 6 replies
    • 926 views
  18. Started by Pixote,

    According to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune, the is an unnamed league source suggesting Goldman is considering retiring at the ripe age of 27? Seriously? I certainly hope not. We need this guy back out on the field. It sounds like Bears NT Eddie Goldman’s future is in doubt

    • 35 replies
    • 3.5k views
  19. Started by adam,

    Jackson has a cap hit of $5M this year, which balloons to $15M in 2022, and would be a dead cap of $18.5M as a cut or $8.9M as a post-June 1 cut ($6.1M in savings). In 2023, he has a cap hit of $17M and dead cap of $9.5M. So there are some options. The Bears could go the post-June 1 cut route in 2022, then save the $6.1M for in-season moves or allow it to roll over into 2023. That way he is off the roster as soon as possible with minimal impact on the cap. If they keep him, then he eats up $15M next year and a roster spot, which seems worse to me. I would rather eat $8.9M and have a roster spot for an actual player while saving $6.1M for in-season or rollover dollar…

    • 11 replies
    • 1.4k views
  20. Started by adam,

    I know everyone has been hyped about Fields over the last few weeks, but Eddie Jackson needs some love. He leads the NFL in takeaways with 6 (4 INTs and 2 FFs), 3 players have 5, and 2 have 4. So outside of those 5 players, Jackson has double the amount of takeaways than every other player in the league this year. The most takeaways he had in one year was 8 (2018), INTs was 6 (2018), and FF was 3 (2020). So he has a great shot to break all his personal records with 8 games remaining.

    • 22 replies
    • 1.9k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.