Who's Online (See full list)
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,548 topics in this forum
-
Per Tribune. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,3761196.story Peace
-
- 10 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
I just am... He's a failure. Here's PIT's last 6 drafts: 2008 - 1st - Mendenhall - looks to be very good with lots of upside if he can stop fumbling (The guy I wanted the Bears to draft) 2007 - 1st Timmons, 2nd Woodley - great D starters 2006 - 1st Santonio Holmes - pro bowl type guy (Also got T Colon in the 4th) 2005 - 1st - Heath Miller (one of the best TE's in the league) 2004 - 1st - Big Ben - 'nuff said (also OT Starks taken in the 3rd) 2003 - 1st - Polamalu - best S since Lott OK, mayb they got lucky, but when you compare ours (I don't need to put it up), it's just garbage. Until Angelo goes, we will be mediocre....
-
- 10 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
I really don't know what to make of this club anymore. I just feel that the coaching, the iuneptness on offense, and the lack of adaptability on D is a death knell. THe only shining star of the team is ST, and even Gould managed to botch a kick. Have the planets now lined up agasint this team? Did Lovie sell his sould to get to the SB? I'm just at a loss. From here on out, my expectations are rock bottom. We may start games great and roll into the 4th quarter w/ a 30 point lead, and I'll still be thinking, "Is that enough?" I initlally thought this team would go 6-10 from the pre-season. After the Colts game, I adjusted that to one up since we sto…
-
- 38 replies
- 7.9k views
-
-
For all intents and purposes training came and preseason are over. Other than setting a few of the last of the 53 man roster we know who is going to be on this team. As a fan I would like to know what you all expect. Best case and worst case. Baring any injuries to the starting 25 or so. If Mack goes down, or Mitch all bets are off. A receiver or running back gets lost all bets are off. But if this team can keep it's core in tack what are yo'ur realistic expectations for this season. What would be successful season or a failure. For me, not making the playoffs or losing in the first round again would be a failure. Making the NFC championship would be a succe…
-
- 4 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Almost 60 years of watching the Bears. I told myself I would not say anything anymore after Monday night. But here I am. I have infested more time and emotions than I want to say, And still have had my heart ripped out for all but one season If my mind was not so weak I would list all the games I have watched since the 70's, 80's 90' into the next century when they did not close the season. Still they are not the Lions, Minnesota, or any of a dozen teams who have not won the big one. They are and will always be the most storied franchise in NFL history Then I read a story on on the Bears web site. https://www.chicagobears.com/news/chicago-bears-of…
-
- 3 replies
- 848 views
-
-
http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com...475988/28816202 Guards Alan Faneca, Cardinals Kyle Kosier, Cowboys Robert Gallery, Raiders Floyd Womack, Browns Billy Yates, Browns Reggie Wells, Eagles David Baas, 49ers Chester Pitts, Seahawks Adam Goldberg, Rams Derrick Dockery, Redskins Cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, Raiders Ike Taylor, Steelers Carlos Rogers, Redskins Fabian Washington, Ravens Drayton Florence, Bills Brian Williams, Falcons Chris Carr, Ravens Eric King, Lions Lito Sheppard, Vikings Frank Walker, Vikings Jordan Babineaux, Seahawks Phillip Buchanon, Redskins Wide Reciever Santana Moss,…
-
- 2 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks 16 so-called experts pick the Falcons. Not a single one picks the Bears, yet we are only 2.5 underdogs. The Jets are the only other unanimous pick to win. That means every other underdog received one vote. The odds makers are pretty good at the spread and they are actually saying the Bears are favorites on a neutral field (3 pts the normal home field advantage bonus). It is kind of funny to see their yearly records predicting the games. ESPN "experts" put CBS "experts" to shame.
-
- 11 replies
- 3k views
-
-
http://www.nfl.com/features/bracketology/a...meteams?round=5 Seriously?!
-
- 7 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
We've discussed extending Peanuts contract as a way to open up more $$ which I think is a great idea...What about Cutler? Would he do it knowing he could take a step forward and make more money if he waits?
-
- 12 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
-
I said a couple months back that we should do this, and I'm still on board with making this happen. https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2018/02/28/b...-eddie-goldman/
-
- 4 replies
- 1k views
-
-
As the owner's meetings get underway in San Francisco it seems clear we're going to get a change to the extra point rules. I'm curious which option folks prefer. I like the Competition Committee plan 14b the best. If it's a competitive play IMO the defense should be equally allowed to score as the offense does. I think the Eagles plan 14b, 2 point conversion to the 1yd line, is making the 2 point conversion too easy and sort of defeats the purpose of making this a more competitive aspect of the game. I do agree that a safety, even on an extra point (try), should be 2 points as it always is. However, getting a safety on any try is extremely unlikely so …
-
- 10 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
With 3 days remaining until the rookies report here's who I'm focused on this year in camp/preseason. It's a rare year with little battles to look forward to for starting jobs. So it's about the depth and future of the roster for me. I want to see Tolliver really ascend and demonstrate confidence to take over one of the outside CB slots next year. Likely cut Prince saves $8mil in cap space in 2020. Stephen Denmark...is he the real deal or just a paper tiger? Can he replace McManis as our special teams ace this year? Not sure that will happen but if he can become an NFL player next year should be likely. The fact McManis is switching to safety indicates…
-
- 39 replies
- 4.7k views
-
-
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/9290679-419...on-is-back.html
-
- 1 reply
- 798 views
-
-
-
-
...I just hope they play hard, tough, smart and get a win. Go Bears!
-
- 3 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...-end-of-streak/ Favre tries to profit from end of streak Posted by Mike Florio on December 13, 2010, 7:30 PM EST Apparently, a salary of $16 million for 2010 isn’t enough. Not long after Vikings quarterback Brett Favre was placed on the inactive list for Monday night’s game against the Giants, Favre’s official web site began selling a signed football commemorating his 297-game streak of starts. For the low, low price of $499.99. “One of the most historic streaks ever in all of sports has come to an end,” the message reads on Favre’s site. “The NFL’s own Ironman Brett Favre has ended his consecutive star…
-
- 19 replies
- 3.1k views
-
-
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/packers-fan-su...-191251244.html
-
- 10 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
I'd have rather had an AFC team beat them, but a loss on the Packers just plain makes me smile. Seattle looked damn good beating them. But, like every team...they have a weakness. We just need to find it. Or when we play them in the NFC championship, we need to just get lucky!
-
- 10 replies
- 1.7k views
-