Anything comments

Stinger226

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Bears4Ever_34 said:

Makes me nervous about his ability to scout offensive skill position players. Jones Jr is a certified bust, but Tyler Scott and Roschon Johnson have both had pretty underwhelming rookie seasons. The Claypool trade will go down as an all time bad decision, and Tonyan, while not a costly signing, has been a complete nonfactor.

WR was terrible last year and they only added Moore (who is amazing), but he needs a true wingman. Mooney and Scott are near identical, and guys who cannot block. Velus is a bust. I'm good with Roschon, he just needs to get more touches. Scott has been underwhelming, fumbles, and drops too many passes. Velus drops everything that's why they can only hand the ball off to him. The RBs have been subpar as pass catchers. Fields only has check down on some plays, but not all of them, which is odd.

31 minutes ago, adam said:

I'm also concerned about the RB room. Foreman does not look the same since his injury. Herbert absolutely is worse since injury, so the only one looking decent recently is Roschon.

Roschon looks to me like a special teams guy or maybe a 3rd down RB, nothing more. He's NFL slow. He's not very explosive and has almost no wiggle to his game whatsoever, at least that I've seen at the NFL level. I don't see much of a burst to his game.

Overall, these Bears RB's seem to fall down a lot on minimal contact. They need to add a 4.3 guy to this roster next year who can threaten a defense on the perimeter. I still think Velus Jones is worth the experiment at RB, but I don't know if you can trust his ball security.

The feud thread got locked, so I moved this here.

What interesting is your list of elite QBs includes Purdy.  Purdy has no elite traits whatsoever.  Rather he is the poster child for using draft capital elsewhere to build the best possible roster around an average QB.  

Hey AZ, I need some clarification on the above comment please.  My value system says Brock Purdy has three elite traits. (Accuracy, anticipation and processing). I'm guessing you are talking classic physical traits.  Purdy's traits are the same as Montana, Brady, Brees and Fouts.

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

The feud thread got locked, so I moved this here.

What interesting is your list of elite QBs includes Purdy.  Purdy has no elite traits whatsoever.  Rather he is the poster child for using draft capital elsewhere to build the best possible roster around an average QB.  

Hey AZ, I need some clarification on the above comment please.  My value system says Brock Purdy has three elite traits. (Accuracy, anticipation and processing). I'm guessing you are talking classic physical traits.  Purdy's traits are the same as Montana, Brady, Brees and Fouts.

Purdy still leads the NFL in QBR. That is hard to do regardless of how good the team is around you. Miami is stacked pretty good with Hill, Waddle, Mostert and Achane. You can say that about DET, DAL, and PHI too. At some point the QB has to get some credit. With 29 TDs to only 7 INTs, Purdy is doing something right. Fields has 14 and 8 in 100 less passing attempts. 

14 minutes ago, adam said:

Fields has 14 and 8 in 100 less passing attempts. 

and how many of those came on hero ball plays? Fields is the best at that.

I'd feel much better about his future and the comparisons to Brees etc. if his stats were coming in the normal course of the intention of the plays. Then it'd just be about getting better, not having to learn a whole new skill that is central to being an NFL QB?

11 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Bears just gave Santos a 4 yr extension. 19.5 nil

Great move, the most accurate kicker in franchise history. Don't make the same mistake twice. They let Robbie walk and regretted it. Now all we need is a new punter and our kicking will be an advantage.

50 minutes ago, adam said:

Great move, the most accurate kicker in franchise history. Don't make the same mistake twice. They let Robbie walk and regretted it. Now all we need is a new punter and our kicking will be an advantage.

No, now we need to allow Santos the chance to win games for us instead of dumb ass moves which turns the ball over to our opponents without putting points on the board.

10 minutes ago, Pixote said:

No, now we need to allow Santos the chance to win games for us instead of dumb ass moves which turns the ball over to our opponents without putting points on the board.

I don't know if you heard the interview with Hightower, but when CLE elected to receive, it got them all flustered, and they took the wind for the 1st quarter? Who does that? So they screwed themselves knowing it was a 5-yard difference with wind. 

Some coaches who seem immune to criticism:

1. Robert Saleh 16-32 in 3 seasons with the Jets. What exactly has he done in NY? This is without Brady in the division.

2. After a great start (prebuilt team), Mike Vrabel is 12-19 in the last two seasons and 5-16 in his last 21 games (lost their last 7 last season), which is the same as Eberflus.

Mahomes is really struggling. You can clearly see the Chiefs struggling to field a reliable team with so much cap going to the QB. It is only going to get worse for them. 

Mahomes has one of the best play callers but because he doesn't have anyone to throw to, he plays like crap. 4 INTs in the last 4 games with only 4 TDs. Honestly this was sort of the QB I expected coming out of college. He would have a monster game (like he did earlier this year with 400+ yards and 4 TDs) and have 5-6 stinkers mixed in. So the average output was above average but he would be very inconsistent game to game.

17 minutes ago, adam said:

Mahomes is really struggling. You can clearly see the Chiefs struggling to field a reliable team with so much cap going to the QB. It is only going to get worse for them. 

Mahomes has one of the best play callers but because he doesn't have anyone to throw to, he plays like crap. 4 INTs in the last 4 games with only 4 TDs. Honestly this was sort of the QB I expected coming out of college. He would have a monster game (like he did earlier this year with 400+ yards and 4 TDs) and have 5-6 stinkers mixed in. So the average output was above average but he would be very inconsistent game to game.

It is nice to see Mahomes and the Chiefs struggle for once.  The league is hard to stay great and a team is more than a QB. I love the idea of making our #1 turn into a 2025 and 2026 first to keep the blood pumping for as many years as you can.  We know Williams doesn't want to come here which makes a trade out acceptable and the Bears can still find a way with draft picks to get a QB.

34 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

It is nice to see Mahomes and the Chiefs struggle for once.  The league is hard to stay great and a team is more than a QB. I love the idea of making our #1 turn into a 2025 and 2026 first to keep the blood pumping for as many years as you can.  We know Williams doesn't want to come here which makes a trade out acceptable and the Bears can still find a way with draft picks to get a QB.

It's funny because they could technically keep trading one of two back infinitely and gain an extra pick the following year (as long as one of the picks is a top 10). 

CHI 2023 1st > CAR 2023 1st + CAR 2024 1st > LVR 2024 1st + LVR 2025 1st

16 minutes ago, adam said:

It's funny because they could technically keep trading one of two back infinitely and gain an extra pick the following year (as long as one of the picks is a top 10). 

CHI 2023 1st > CAR 2023 1st + CAR 2024 1st > LVR 2024 1st + LVR 2025 

Then let players leave in FA and get picks from compensation, the pipeline could be endless.  The Bears just need a QB that can win and we haven't seen it yet.

On 12/21/2023 at 4:08 PM, adam said:

Purdy still leads the NFL in QBR. That is hard to do regardless of how good the team is around you. Miami is stacked pretty good with Hill, Waddle, Mostert and Achane. You can say that about DET, DAL, and PHI too. At some point the QB has to get some credit. With 29 TDs to only 7 INTs, Purdy is doing something right. Fields has 14 and 8 in 100 less passing attempts. 

He’s getting a ton of credit today.  

6 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

and then he threw 4 picks.

Being an NFL QB is HARD.

He is a very good system QB. It looks like he is going to be Kirk Cousins 2.0, so with a great supporting cast, he is going to be very good but is going to play to the level of the opponent's defense. He will struggle against CLE, BAL, MIN, and even CHI.