Anything comments

Stinger226

I don't think the fact we don't have a star edge rusher, that means we can't be good. This defense will get done enough to be in the middle rankings. A push from the middle will push the QB into pass rusher lanes on the outside. Are we better with one player with 12 sacks or 5 with 6 sacks each ?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

I don't think the fact we don't have a star edge rusher, that means we can't be good. This defense will get done enough to be in the middle rankings. A push from the middle will push the QB into pass rusher lanes on the outside. Are we better with one player with 12 sacks or 5 with 6 sacks each ?

If QBs get 5 seconds, we are toast. If a rotation of players is able to pressure the QB consistently, then that'll be great. But if they can stand back there and look at the field, any QB looks like a MVP with 5 seconds.

We had the worst defense and a lowly offense last year and won 3 and lost 7 in one score games. if we competed in 10 out of 17 games last year, what will an improved roster do? It's a need but Poles did add some new players. Is it  ideal, no but to think that they  will allowed QBs a lot of time to throw is a little premature.

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

Heard a Under Center ( NBC Sports) podcast and they brought up a good point. With a more talented WR room and our Defensive  backfield  having lots of good prospects, they should make each other better. 

I agree with this. Also I read where Yannick Ngakoue just signed to a new agent, so maybe that bodes well for progress if thats our target

5 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

I agree with this. Also I read where Yannick Ngakoue just signed to a new agent, so maybe that bodes well for progress if thats our target

Not sure that is who they bring in. He clearly wants to be on a team that is a SB contender, a long term contract. Both of those wont happen here. I think they bring in someone but not a game changer. Last year Justin Houston 9.5 sacks in 33 % of snaps. Plus cheaper.

3 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Not sure that is who they bring in. He clearly wants to be on a team that is a SB contender, a long term contract. Both of those wont happen here. I think they bring in someone but not a game changer. Last year Justin Houston 9.5 sacks in 33 % of snaps. Plus cheaper.

His agent is Drew Rosenhaus and he is asking price is 10 plus million. So I agree the Bears want a one year rental so they can continue building through the draft.

Clark (5.5 million) and Leonard Floyd 7 went much cheaper.  If Justin Houston is up for it, I can see him being in that range.  Maybe offer 2 years so he can be around for the following year to mentor

Yeah, but it's late and Ngakoue will likely not get that kind of money for a long term deal at this point in the offseason. He may have to settle for a one year deal, even if it is a generous one, which we could afford.

My point is that now having Drew Rodenhaus to explain the situation he's in makes it more likely than it was before.

4 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

Yeah, but it's late and Ngakoue will likely not get that kind of money for a long term deal at this point in the offseason. He may have to settle for a one year deal, even if it is a generous one, which we could afford.

My point is that now having Drew Rodenhaus to explain the situation he's in makes it more likely than it was before.

Possibly but still thinks he gets offers from contenders. We need to convince him we're A contender.

13 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

No to Ngakoue.  Flus already knows him.  He doesn't stick around with teams for a reason.  You can add a guy like that to an established team.

Word (on Ngokoue).

Still hoping that Hunter (currently Vikings) is still a target.  

6 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

This definitely makes me feel optimistic that we'll see a legit NFL offense this year.  https://www.si.com/nfl/bears/news/bears-coaches-see-more-advanced-offense  

From the DJ Moore All 22 video you posted, on his thread, I'm thinking key is going to have a good year due to opening up the middle of the field.  Also, if Claypool has one more soft tissue injury, he may be the one WR to hit the road.  It wouldn't be a bad thing for Poles to admit to be a mistake and cut bait.  I firmly believe a message has been sent to all players, that they better be ready for camp.  Claypool is one I'll be watching.

What matters is who's there when training camp opens. Having a soft tissue injury isnt giving him a ticket out of Chicago. He is fairly cheap so he will be here to prove himself. If we get his rookie season year, he's all good. 62-873-9.

3 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

His acceleration in a 30 yard span is all time elite...

As you watch him I'm not sure what made him so great. The acceleration, the vision, quick twitch ? There have been many that ran faster than him, 40 yard dash, 100 meters but on the field he just visibility accelerated past people. If you watch tape of him and compared with Tyrek Hill ( presumed fastest ever) , he seems faster.

4 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

That Superbowl return highlight still gives me chills. Those were some of the greatest days rooting for the Bears.  We have been sitting dormant for so long that this new era could be the one that brings back that enthusiasm. 

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

As you watch him I'm not sure what made him so great. The acceleration, the vision, quick twitch ? There have been many that ran faster than him, 40 yard dash, 100 meters but on the field he just visibility accelerated past people. If you watch tape of him and compared with Tyrek Hill ( presumed fastest ever) , he seems faster.

He and Deion Sanders were unique in their glide then explode acceleration.  There was always a twenty yard area where they zipped past coverage.

31 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

He and Deion Sanders were unique in their glide then explode acceleration.  There was always a twenty yard area where they zipped past coverage.

yeah that's that quickness, rather than speed. Barry sanders had it too. Going full speed in one direction and WHOOP (Chris Berman) he's going in a different direction. John Madden once said famously of Barry Sanders "he was never it in tag at school"

Justin Fields has it too, although he needs to run less and throw effectively more. Nonetheless, Fields changes trajectory so suddenly it's incredible to watch.

4 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

yeah that's that quickness, rather than speed. Barry sanders had it too. Going full speed in one direction and WHOOP (Chris Berman) he's going in a different direction. John Madden once said famously of Barry Sanders "he was never it in tag at school"

Justin Fields has it too, although he needs to run less and throw effectively more. Nonetheless, Fields changes trajectory so suddenly it's incredible to watch.

Now that you mentioned that, he does have (twitch) that   Devin had. It's not high end speed. Movable quickness.