Rumors and tidbits

Stinger226

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL 1h1 hour ago

Two names that the #Bears seem very intrigued with are linebackers Brooks Reed & Mason Foster. Also seem to be in on all top safeties.

Mason Foster is interesting. Here's a good article on him....

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/tampa-b...go-bears-030415

Reed is meh.

I liked Reed when he was at Arizona, haven't seen much of him in the NFL. He is a limited player in terms of athletic ability but he's a good football player.

Mason Foster seems like an ideal fit for what we need on our roster: Smart, leadership on the field and locker room, and a good downhill tackler. I'd be pushing hard to sign him.

Aaron Leming‏@AaronLemingNFL·7 mins7 minutes ago

From what I'm told, #Bears currently targeting ILB's and a Safety. Mason Foster, Da'Norris Searcy and Antrel Rolle names to watch.

Mason Foster, LB

Da'Norris Searcy, S

Antrel Rolle, S

I will take it.

Rolle is old, but still has game. Played with Mundy in NY. Wouldn't hate to see him brought in and the Bears draft a later round FS/CB to groom for FS of the future.....Assuming that guy isn't already on the team (Vereen).

I like the idea of Moore or Searcy better only because of the age. If they think Rolle can get it done for a year or maybe two great but like you said they would have to target a S in the draft.

John Mullin ‏@CSNMoonMullin 22m22 minutes ago

#Bears in play with #Buccaneers ILB Mason Foster - not a covg fit with Cover-2 base but solid inside where #Bears want to funnel runs

I have been looking at twitter and seems like Foster and Searcy/S/ravens are the two we are after.(blog speculation)?

I have been looking at twitter and seems like Foster and Searcy/S/ravens are the two we are after.(blog speculation)?

Barry Rozner just tweeted----

BREAKING: The #Bears have traded Jay Cutler to a Chicago YMCA Flag Football League for 2 slices of pizza and a juice box to be named later

THIS HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED YET.

Barry Rozner just tweeted----

BREAKING: The #Bears have traded Jay Cutler to a Chicago YMCA Flag Football League for 2 slices of pizza and a juice box to be named later

THIS HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED YET.

Cary Williams was released , was in Balt when Fangio was there. Played well with Ravens, maybe Fangio can revive his career.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 4m4 minutes ago

Very nice market forming for Virgil Green. Should come down to the Bears and Broncos, though other teams also interested

Pierre Thomas was cut by NO. as a running back by committee, he could have valve. PFF has him rated as 4th best back available.

He has only 818 carries in 7 years ,327 rec. still has some game.

Bears interested in Ron Parker from the Chirefs

@BradBiggs: One source said #Bears & #Falcons are most involved for #Chiefs S Ron Parker at this point. Not sure how close it is but FA opens in 3 hours

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 2m2 minutes ago

11 players go into it but one attraction to #Chiefs S Ron Parker? Kansas City was No. 2 in pass defense in 2014.