Bears rumors

Stinger226

Lots of Bears rumors swirling on Twitter based on a tweet by Adam Caplan that newly-signed Ted Larsen will start at G for Bears. Some speculating Slauson might be traded. None of it makes any sense to me, but stay tuned and #inPacewetrust.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leming is speculating that there could be Knile Davis RB from KC trade for Slauson...

Lots of Bears rumors swirling on Twitter based on a tweet by Adam Caplan that newly-signed Ted Larsen will start at G for Bears. Some speculating Slauson might be traded. None of it makes any sense to me, but stay tuned and #inPacewetrust.

IMO Ramirez is better than Larsen so to me that makes the comment even more non sensical.

Slauson from all I've read is great dude and he's a really good guard. Doesn't really make sense to trade him unless you're blown away.

IMO Ramirez is better than Larsen so to me that makes the comment even more non sensical.

Slauson from all I've read is great dude and he's a really good guard. Doesn't really make sense to trade him unless you're blown away.

They will probably trade kyle long for a third rd pick because he's on social media too much and that kind of distraction isn't tolerated... we may have to throw in a 6th rd pick to make it work though...

Leming is speculating that there could be Knile Davis RB from KC trade for Slauson...

This makes sense since the team has been known to snoop at the upper to middle tier veteran RB's. Davis would fit that mold (mostly mid-level) provided KC knew they weren't going to have any issues with Charles' return. And he has some skill as a return man. On the big downside, I'd be disappointed to see Slauson go.... perhaps they could move Slaus to Center and trade Grasu?

Here is KC side of thing where it explains why he's available:

http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs...oming-to-an-end

Please no! We have 9 draft picks, finding a comaprable RB like Tyler Ervin would be much wiser.

If they make the trade, we better get draft picks also, bc Slauson is 30 years old and has two years left on contract. We really do not need to save cap space. If they trade Matt, then G becomes a big need for long term.

Please no! We have 9 draft picks, finding a comaprable RB like Tyler Ervin would be much wiser.

If they make the trade, we better get draft picks also, bc Slauson is 30 years old and has two years left on contract. We really do not need to save cap space. If they trade Matt, then G becomes a big need for long term.

Davis appears to be a player that will be cut so there is little reason to trade a good player for him unless we get a decent draft pick in exchange.

Davis appears to be a player that will be cut so there is little reason to trade a good player for him unless we get a decent draft pick in exchange.

We can even wait for that, trading a good LG for KC 3rd-4th string RB would be bad. The most sense to me is Grasu isn't expected to start. With him weighing 280 #, I think we are preparing for a season without.

We can even wait for that, trading a good LG for KC 3rd-4th string RB would be bad. The most sense to me is Grasu isn't expected to start. With him weighing 280 #, I think we are preparing for a season without.

Everything is speculation and everything you read on twitter doesnt always have legs.

Justin Houston is out for the year, do you think maybe something in the works for Lamar Houston or Willie Young?

There is no way we are getting rid of Slauson, he is the leader of the Oline right now. Larsen is just a depth guy, but I could see maybe Slauson playing center and one of the new additions play Slausons spot.

Everything is speculation and everything you read on twitter doesnt always have legs.

Justin Houston is out for the year, do you think maybe something in the works for Lamar Houston or Willie Young?

There is no way we are getting rid of Slauson, he is the leader of the Oline right now. Larsen is just a depth guy, but I could see maybe Slauson playing center and one of the new additions play Slausons spot.

Right. I just cannot see Pace trading an asset without young solid pieces in place. Even seen a rumor on twitter about a Kyle Long for Muhammad Wilkerson trade. Having two solid backups like Manny and Ted is needed, last season proved that.

I'd HATE that trade. Pointless. Why downgrade the OL, get rid of the harmony being built, just to get a back up RB?

Makes no sense. Just draft a mid/late rd RB.

I'd HATE that trade. Pointless. Why downgrade the OL, get rid of the harmony being built, just to get a back up RB?

Makes no sense. Just draft a mid/late rd RB.

I seen an article stating Philly is going to a 4-3 and Connor Barwin might be on the trading block because of the scheme change.

He's 29 and has had 21.5 sacks the last 2 years?

I would say giving one of our 4th rounders may do it.

Any takers?

I seen an article stating Philly is going to a 4-3 and Connor Barwin might be on the trading block because of the scheme change.

He's 29 and has had 21.5 sacks the last 2 years?

I would say giving one of our 4th rounders may do it.

Any takers?

Seems to me it might make more sense for a swap of Baldwin for Houston or Young and maybe one of our 6ths. Baldwin goes to a 3-4, Houston/Young goes to a 4-3. Both better fits.

Seems to me it might make more sense for a swap of Baldwin for Houston or Young and maybe one of our 6ths. Baldwin goes to a 3-4, Houston/Young goes to a 4-3. Both better fits.

I think Houston is better in the 3-4 than in the 4-3. He struggled year 1 and is not big enough imo.

Houston played well the last 8 games. Young also played well but he is the better fit for a team wanting a 4-3 DE. I would make that trade, Young/Barwin, except I don't like Barwin's $7.3mi cap hit in 2016 and $8.3mil in 2017. Now if Philly picks up his $3mil guarantee for this season and we're only on the hook for $3.75mil then it works quite well. Next year Barwin's contract is structured so he can be cut if needed with just $600k in dead money and $7.75mil in cap savings.

Lamarr Houston- 8 sacks in 417 snaps

Connor Darwin- 7 sacks in 1051 snaps.

Just saying.

Barwin does have more speed off the edge and more past success, but I still don't really see why OLB is a something they should invest highly in.

I understand why many experts say we need an edge rusher. This D needs someone capable of putting fear on QBs and I am not sure we have that yet. I think McPhee, Houston, Young, and Acho are decent, just not game plan to stop them types. We still need many pieces, but I would say we are now getting close. This draft, we can get a great CB and DT. If we can trade down gain a 3rd and still get a group like this, we can get creative on pass rush. Especially if we improve on coverage to buy more time.

rd1-W Jackson/Eli Apple CB

rd2-V Butler/RNkimdiche/C Jones

rd3-M Killebrew/S Davis S

rd3-N Vannett/J Adams TE

Next draft go all out on OLBs, draft 2 early. Young will be gone and Houston can be cut or asked to take a pay reduction.

I understand why many experts say we need an edge rusher. This D needs someone capable of putting fear on QBs and I am not sure we have that yet. I think McPhee, Houston, Young, and Acho are decent, just not game plan to stop them types. We still need many pieces, but I would say we are now getting close. This draft, we can get a great CB and DT. If we can trade down gain a 3rd and still get a group like this, we can get creative on pass rush. Especially if we improve on coverage to buy more time.

rd1-W Jackson/Eli Apple CB

rd2-V Butler/RNkimdiche/C Jones

rd3-M Killebrew/S Davis S

rd3-N Vannett/J Adams TE

Next draft go all out on OLBs, draft 2 early. Young will be gone and Houston can be cut or asked to take a pay reduction.

Cleveland released Ifo Ekpre-Olumu/CB who has been injured but is suppose to be fully recovered.

He may be a good depth sign.

Cleveland released Ifo Ekpre-Olumu/CB who has been injured but is suppose to be fully recovered.

He may be a good depth sign.

Jason really wanted him in the draft from what I recall. Why not at this point? Secondary seems to be our biggest need right now.

• 3 weeks later...

Bears apparently met with WR Will Fuller yesterday and are meeting with Ezekiel Elliott today as well as 5'6" Texas Tech WR Jakeem Grant (

). I believe is the last day prospects can visit a team at their facility.

Also Tony Pauline reported that the Bears are "seriously considering" Jarran Reed at #11.

Bears apparently met with WR Will Fuller yesterday and are meeting with Ezekiel Elliott today as well as 5'6" Texas Tech WR Jakeem Grant (
). I believe is the last day prospects can visit a team at their facility.

Also Tony Pauline reported that the Bears are "seriously considering" Jarran Reed at #11.

Does anyone have a list of last years pre draft meetings?? Would love to see who the bears visited with and who they ended up drafting and who was still there when they drafted.

I have a very hard time believing anyone knows who any team is strongly considering. If someone from the Bears did leak that info Pace would freak out.

The only reason to leak any bullshit is to get other teams thinking you want someone different, which why would any team really believe any info coming out on another team.