Anything comments

Stinger226

21 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

If anyone is interested in going to the combine, here's the info.Screenshot_20240102_182949_Chrome.jpg

Man that does sound like fun. I went to the draft a couple of years when it was a smaller deal in NYC. You had to bribe the security guard $20 to get into the gallery. It wasnt really a production for fans yet. Mel Kiper's helmet had no grey in it.

If I lived there, Id go for sure. Have an amazing time, and tell us what you see? The numbers only tell some of the story.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

If I lived there, Id go for sure. Have an amazing time, and tell us what you see? The numbers only tell some of the story.

As of now, the link doesn't work.  My pops wants to go to QB/WR/TE day, so I'm going to stay on it.

3 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

As of now, the link doesn't work.  My pops wants to go to QB/WR/TE day, so I'm going to stay on it.

Id love to go to the combine with my Dad - thats very cool.

how much you wanna bet Williams doesnt workout at the combine and does it at his own pro day instead.

I watched ESPN today, with a panel discussing NFL topics. Two things took me by surprise.

It was the first time I had ever heard so much praise for Justin Fields. I couldn't believe what I was hearing after everyone including their mommas were constantly dissing him for three years. One analyst (Marcus Spears) said that if for some reason the Bears traded him to a team that was a "good fit," Fields has the tools to be a super star. (We need to address the OL again and get some more targets for him instead of trading him for a 2nd or 3rd round pick! He can be the next "Bears" Super Star 😉 )

Second, they showed some stats on Philadelphia. God, their defense sucks! They are at the bottom of the league. Many categories they were bottom 3. They actually ranked the second worse team generating pressure on the QB, only achieving pressure 16%. 

That led me to look at the stats for Carter, the "generational" can't miss player we passed on. The dude only has 6 sacks and 18 solo tackles. LOL. Shows you how the term generational when describing a draft prospect can be misleading.

6 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

It depends on the extent of the injury.  A MRI will tell the story.  The good part is Penix will be better protected in the NFL than anywhere.  Any knee injuries you see with NFL QBs anymore is usually fluke.

Agreed.  I think it also depends on the root cause of the injury.   Logic says its physical trauma but sometimes  it can be a muscle imbalance leading to a lack of stability in the knee. Think about the players who make a simple cut and go down.    Some players come back stronger and faster with better training.  Then there is the fact that certain performance enhancing drugs build muscle but weaken ligaments and tendons.  We may have a good sense what the NFL does for testing but in college?  

30 minutes ago, Pixote said:

That led me to look at the stats for Carter, the "generational" can't miss player we passed on. The dude only has 6 sacks and 18 solo tackles. LOL. Shows you how the term generational when describing a draft prospect can be misleading.

Yeah I was in the same exact place when I read the link someone shared about Dexter.  So far he has 13 solo and 2.5 sacks and he was nowhere near the hype Carter was.  If you consider that instead Chicago got Wright and Dexter in round 2 then I’m good with Poles’ decision.   Especually knowing Carter also has a questionable character background. 

10 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Yeah I was in the same exact place when I read the link someone shared about Dexter.  So far he has 13 solo and 2.5 sacks and he was nowhere near the hype Carter was.  If you consider that instead Chicago got Wright and Dexter in round 2 then I’m good with Poles’ decision.   Especually knowing Carter also has a questionable character background. 

Carter had all those sacks in the first half of the season too.  Remember the questions on his conditioning and weight prior to the draft?  He's trending down...

49 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Carter had all those sacks in the first half of the season too.  Remember the questions on his conditioning and weight prior to the draft?  He's trending down...

And Philly is burning right now. They are trending down fast. Losing to ARZ? Carter still has elite traits but will always have the bad stuff that comes with it. Also, once they get enough tape on some players they find ways to neutralize them.

7 hours ago, adam said:

And Philly is burning right now. They are trending down fast. Losing to ARZ? Carter still has elite traits but will always have the bad stuff that comes with it. Also, once they get enough tape on some players they find ways to neutralize them.

Carter will be  an elte player but we had to start building the OL and getting a potential all pro RT is no problem. I think because of all the complaints of fans of not having weapons for Justin led to the V Jones pick and Claypool acquirutition that were probbably not thought out very well. 

On 1/2/2024 at 8:11 PM, Pixote said:

I watched ESPN today, with a panel discussing NFL topics. Two things took me by surprise.

It was the first time I had ever heard so much praise for Justin Fields. I couldn't believe what I was hearing after everyone including their mommas were constantly dissing him for three years. One analyst (Marcus Spears) said that if for some reason the Bears traded him to a team that was a "good fit," Fields has the tools to be a super star. (We need to address the OL again and get some more targets for him instead of trading him for a 2nd or 3rd round pick! He can be the next "Bears" Super Star 😉 )

Second, they showed some stats on Philadelphia. God, their defense sucks! They are at the bottom of the league. Many categories they were bottom 3. They actually ranked the second worse team generating pressure on the QB, only achieving pressure 16%. 

Be careful with that logic. If their defense sucks, it's likely pulling any good players down with it. Could be Carter, or maybe not. But if the Bears have shown us anything over the course of the last 30 years, it's that a very good player can come to a horrible situation and look much worse. We've seen it over and over again. 

I am shocked at how disappointing the Jags have been this year. They are about to lose to the Titans who have 5 wins. Lawrence has 2 INTs and outside of the 59 Yard TD pass to Ridley, he really hasn't done anything. If they lose this one, its on him. Are they looking to draft a QB?

They have Ridley, Kirk, Jones, and Engram to throw to with Etienne in the backfield who is also a receiving option. The Bears don't have anything close to the WR group besides Moore, and Kmet at TE. They also don't have an elite pass catching RB. So the options are 5 v 2. 

Also, watching all these games has me really disappointed in our receivers. Some amazing catches and contested catches unlike Mooney, Scott, and Tonyan. Almost everything is being caught. 

2 hours ago, adam said:

I am shocked at how disappointing the Jags have been this year. They are about to lose to the Titans who have 5 wins. Lawrence has 2 INTs and outside of the 59 Yard TD pass to Ridley, he really hasn't done anything. If they lose this one, its on him. Are they looking to draft a QB?

They have Ridley, Kirk, Jones, and Engram to throw to with Etienne in the backfield who is also a receiving option. The Bears don't have anything close to the WR group besides Moore, and Kmet at TE. They also don't have an elite pass catching RB. So the options are 5 v 2. 

Lawrence is playing hurt all season.

6 hours ago, adam said:

No cause he has flashed enough to keep trying. But I do think there are legit questions when it comes to Trevor. He has also in fairness been playing on one leg and battling a ton of injuries. 

Cunningham is taking GM interviews. If he leaves we get a third this year and next year according to current policies. Hate to see him go but life goes forward. That pick seems like a perfect spot to draft a OC.

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

Cunningham is taking GM interviews. If he leaves we get a third this year and next year according to current policies. Hate to see him go but life goes forward. That pick seems like a perfect spot to draft a OC.

I'd love to see him as the GM of Washington. We get two 3rd round compensation picks for his minority hire. Poles selects another outstanding minority assistant. Same results next year, getting us two more 3rds. LOL  Just think, Washington was one of the teams we were hoping to trade with if we gave up the #1 overall. If Cunningham is the GM of Washington, I wonder how that will work out. 😉

8 hours ago, Pixote said:

I'd love to see him as the GM of Washington. We get two 3rd round compensation picks for his minority hire. Poles selects another outstanding minority assistant. Same results next year, getting us two more 3rds. LOL  Just think, Washington was one of the teams we were hoping to trade with if we gave up the #1 overall. If Cunningham is the GM of Washington, I wonder how that will work out. 😉

If they did that , Poles probably wouldn't be able to take advantage of a trade option, Cunningham knows the true value.

8 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

If they did that , Poles probably wouldn't be able to take advantage of a trade option, Cunningham knows the true value.

True value is always what the highest bidder is willing to pay.