Anything comments

Stinger226

2 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Probably not getting Chase Young for nothing and in that case which of those offensive picks are we giving up?  Now if we wait and Wash can't tag him or ends up forced to remove the tag when there is no trade offer....that'd be great.  

Washington has to decide who they are going to sign Young or Sweat. No way they sign both, their free agents next year. We don't need to trade anything. That would be close to 400 mil invested in their DL with the need for a QB. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Washington has to decide who they are going to sign Young or Sweat. No way they sign both, their free agents next year. We don't need to trade anything. That would be close to 400 mil invested in their DL with the need for a QB. 

Good point.  I'm guessing they will be looking for a new HC as well.  Rivera has produced more mediocre teams than Jeff Fisher.

10 hours ago, adam said:

The Bears defense has allowed 12 pts in back to back games, and 20 against WAS. So 14 pts per game the last 3 games is a pretty good sample size for a defense. They allowed a ton the first 4 weeks, so it has skewed the averages a little. 

At least the disparity is closing.  Like you said, the defense wasn’t getting it done the first couple weeks but as of late, have done better.  Meanwhile the offense has done better and enough to keep us in games.  But with losses like with Denver and Minny it didn’t quite equal out.  

This is what building a team looks like, it gets better the longer it goes. We have the pothole of lots of injuries that has slowed the process. I guess we are lucky we havent had full season injuries but maybe Braxton Jones is that case . I hope not, a good Oline is the key to us having a consistent offense. When we do win , people say it was a bad team. We actually have a lot of bad teams on our schedule. 

Chargers looked like a hill to big to climb before the season started, they are 2-4.

Saints are 3-4,

Panthers havent won a game yet

, then we play the lions, they just lost 38-6 to a team with a running QB. 

We are not a good team yet so we will lose as many  games as we win but we  are going to win some more games. Sadly that MIGHT save our head coach. What is the win total that will save his job? 5 more?

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

This is what building a team looks like, it gets better the longer it goes. We have the pothole of lots of injuries that has slowed the process. I guess we are lucky we havent had full season injuries but maybe Braxton Jones is that case . I hope not, a good Oline is the key to us having a consistent offense. When we do win , people say it was a bad team. We actually have a lot of bad teams on our schedule. 

Chargers looked like a hill to big to climb before the season started, they are 2-4.

Saints are 3-4,

Panthers havent won a game yet

, then we play the lions, they just lost 38-6 to a team with a running QB. 

We are not a good team yet so we will lose as many  games as we win but we  are going to win some more games. Sadly that MIGHT save our head coach. What is the win total that will save his job? 5 more?

Imagine what the Raider fans are saying today about Josh McDaniels.    He can't get a running game going with Josh Jacobs.  The team struggles to put up points and is now looking to trade Renfrow who used to be quite productive for them.  Minus Tom Brady the luster is off the genius coaches.  

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2023/10/22/raiders-30-12-loss-in-chicago-contender-for-most-embarrassing-of-josh-mcdaniels-era/

9 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Some talk (Rapport) that New England could make a HC change after the season.  If so, any thoughts on bringing Belichick in as the next HC?  It is unlikely, but he might be able to produce a winning culture but would want some control over personal. 

He just signed a multi year extension before the season.  But, no to Belichick...

8 years ago id take Belichick all day, but he's not gonna coach for that much longer.

I think he has it in him, he knows how to win, but his roster is currently depleted, i think he could build another winner. I just dont know how many years he is gonna coach for.

Meanwhile Harbaugh is under some fire that could result in sanctions against Michigan. That might be a good moment to leave?

I havent looked deeply enpugh into who the good coaching options are out there. I know a few names, but I am totally open to learning about others.

13 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

8 years ago id take Belichick all day, but he's not gonna coach for that much longer.

I think he has it in him, he knows how to win, but his roster is currently depleted, i think he could build another winner. I just dont know how many years he is gonna coach for.

Meanwhile Harbaugh is under some fire that could result in sanctions against Michigan. That might be a good moment to leave?

I havent looked deeply enpugh into who the good coaching options are out there. I know a few names, but I am totally open to learning about others.

A couple of years ago i would have loved to have Sean Payton, this year doesnt say much for his legacy. Hopefully Poles and Warren figure out the best Coach to bring in. Does anyone think Flus would be fired and have the character to accept the DC job here? I think he is good at that.

On 10/22/2023 at 3:44 PM, Alaskan Grizzly said:

And just like that it’s a three way race for the basement of the NFC North.  Right now the Bears have the edge (2-5) but GB (2-4) just had their bye and Minny (2-4) play tomorrow night against SF.  

Something else of interest is Chicago has so far scored the second most points (158) in the division behind Detroit (174).  Whereas they’ve had the most points scored against them (188) and Detroit is second with 151.  

Couple other nuggets.  Their PF of 158 is 3rd most overall in the NFC and 10th overall in the NFL right now.  And their PA of 188 is second most in the NFC and 5th most overall right now (I say all this just before the start of the Miami/Philly game).  Is it a defensive or offensive struggle?   

So one week removed from just squeaking in a win against the Bears by 6 (19-13) and Cousins only throwing for 181 yards the Vikings beat the much ballyhooed 49ers 22-17 with the help of 378 yards by that same Cousins. Is Chicago better than we thought?  🤷🏻‍♂️

17 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

So one week removed from just squeaking in a win against the Bears by 6 (19-13) and Cousins only throwing for 181 yards the Vikings beat the much ballyhooed 49ers 22-17 with the help of 378 yards by that same Cousins. Is Chicago better than we thought?  🤷🏻‍♂️

Health has been a bigger issue for the Bears than people (even me) have considered. It is tough to win when you have that many injuries to the same position group. The secondary is getting healthy and even without Jackson, looked great regardless of the pressure. The O-Line has been in shambles, but for some reason, the combo of Whitehair-Patrick-Jenkins worked. 

Again, the Bears are literally 2 plays away from being 4-3. 

5 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Some talk (Rapport) that New England could make a HC change after the season.  If so, any thoughts on bringing Belichick in as the next HC?  It is unlikely, but he might be able to produce a winning culture but would want some control over personal. 

Yeah I think that would be too BIG a hire for someone like Poles.  I don't think it would help either he or Warren if you had a guy like Belichick come in, especially with his desire to be a GM or manager of some sort.  That being said, I also think the NFL is starting to move too fast for him.  Ever since Brady left he hasn't looked the mastermind we all thought he was.  He'd probably be wise to hang it (coaching) up altogether and fully immerse himself in management if he still wants to stay active in the NFL in some fashion.

A guy who I think wouldn't be too "big" would be Harbaugh.  A lot of good connections to his 'returning' to Chicago and he would bring that winning culture you mentioned.  He also might want some control over personnel stuff but probably not nearly as much as would Belichick.  Harbaugh has proven he can succeed both at the NFL and collegiate level and with his more recent accolades at Michigan still have some relevance with the current trends of the NFL.   

Was watching a replay of the 2000 Orange Bowl where unranked Michigan met up against #5 Alabama.  Michigan ended up winning the game with some late game heroics by Senior Tom Brady (yes that Tom Brady) and a 150 yard three TD night by WR David Terrell (also voted the MVP of this game).  Brady would end up with 369 yards and 4 TDs.  Other notables from this game was Alabama's Shawn Alexander who ran for 161 yards and three TDs.  

Despite his efforts in this game,  'generational QB' Tom Brady wouldn't be drafted in the NFL until the 6th round the following year.  David Terrell would be drafted as the 8th overall pick that same year by Chicago.   :( 

7 hours ago, adam said:

Health has been a bigger issue for the Bears than people (even me) have considered. It is tough to win when you have that many injuries to the same position group. The secondary is getting healthy and even without Jackson, looked great regardless of the pressure. The O-Line has been in shambles, but for some reason, the combo of Whitehair-Patrick-Jenkins worked. 

Again, the Bears are literally 2 plays away from being 4-3. 

Health and nearly 40% new starters that need to gel makes for a slow start. Also a offensive scheme that is not easy and a defense missing a true 3T that it requires hamper the team from firing full go.  If the Bears tear it down because it failed, then reset the time tables to rebuild and relearn and it could be another two years to be playing at elite levels.

12 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

any coach can look excellent if you have a HOF qb in brady for nearly 20 years and a HOF candidate in bledsoe for 2 before that (even that idiot mike mccarthy from the packers).

add to that if you cheat and get away with it for nearly that entire time line in new england to win divisions and SB's it gives you the 'apparent' look of success that you don't deserve.

look at his resume before new england. that is the proof in the pudding.

3 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Gotta give props to Wright for being on the field let alone have to go on one with an all pro. (If you don’t have Xwitter, Wright essentially played with one arm all game due to injury).

https://x.com/robertkschmitz/status/1716696268011864437?s=46&t=KrpJmhSTc4DI1sACtjisOQ

Wow..  We criticize the game plan for all the short passes but Getsy had to take this into account with the play calling.   Especially knowing the leading pass rusher was on the other side of the line.  

Everybody does realize that if we win more games than we lose, Flus probably saves his job and that means our QB play is above average and we dont make any changes. As much as losing has created a narrative, so will winning.

How many wins will save Flus job? 5 and 5 the rest of the year?

3 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

How many wins will save Flus job? 5 and 5 the rest of the year?

Six or seven should save him.  Here's a crazy thought.  Poles could even extend him if he decides to draft another quarterback.  Especially, if it shows that Flus has the locker room and that Getsy is a competent OC.  An extension would provide greater stability for a new QB entering the NFL, with the house already being built.  Scheme specific players and comfort in culture could be a really good start.