Anything comments

Stinger226

42 minutes ago, adam said:

So who do you think are players that are exceeding expectations at the halfway point in the season? 

At this point, on offense probably Jenkins and Wright for me. Everyone else is either meeting or are below my expectations. 

On defense, Edwards and Billings? Maybe Sanborn again? 

It just feels like a lot of guys have not met the preseason hype and in order to be successful in this league you need a lot more guys exceeding expectations. 

I think Eligah Hicks has played well in a backup role.     plays both S spots and started 6 games due to injury.

DeMarcus Walker has been noticeable in games, never expected him to be a star.

The best player on D has to  be TJ Edwards, he's 2nd in the league in Tackles. Of course Billings.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, adam said:

So who do you think are players that are exceeding expectations at the halfway point in the season? 

After the last few weeks it’s Foreman at RB.  And having Sanborn back to the MLB last week shows he’s much better there than off center.  Another player I’m impressed with is the WR (rookie) Scott.  He’s made some impressive catches and in a video clip of last week I saw him giving Cameron Jordan all he had to block him out. https://x.com/butkusstats/status/1721619044707512680?s=46&t=KrpJmhSTc4DI1sACtjisOQ

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I think Eligah Hicks has played well in a backup role.     plays both S spots and started 6 games due to injury.

DeMarcus Walker has been noticeable in games, never expected him to be a star.

The best player on D has to  be TJ Edwards, he's 2nd in the league in Tackles. Of course Billings.

Edwards can't keep taking bad angles and giving up big plays.  Two games in a row he's done that.  Against SD he gave up a TD on a missed tackle.  In NO he gave a big gain on an outside run by taking an inside angle to avoid a blocker thus leaving the outside wide open.  If he takes the outside it's still a positive gain but not 20+ yds.  In between he makes good plays now let's see the consistency.  

14 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

Edwards can't keep taking bad angles and giving up big plays.  Two games in a row he's done that.  Against SD he gave up a TD on a missed tackle.  In NO he gave a big gain on an outside run by taking an inside angle to avoid a blocker thus leaving the outside wide open.  If he takes the outside it's still a positive gain but not 20+ yds.  In between he makes good plays now let's see the consistency.  

I suspect you can find bad tape on any player. He's far from an elite player but adds a lot to this defense.

One interesting tidbit - there was some speculation that Harbaugh would be suspended into next years season, and that the NFL would abide by that so he couldnt escape his punishment into the NFL.

But now they announced his punishment will be for this year only, so he is free to come to any NFL team he wants next year without penalty, but he is also free to stay at Michigan with no penalty next year either. Some had guessed a 2024 penalty could help usher him out the door.

So neither is happening, he can stay and he is available both without punishment.

Harbaugh has plusses and minuses, and its OK to want him or not want him, but he has said that the bears is his "dream job"

Im not even sure i want him, but there is reason to believe hed be interested in the job.

12 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

Harbaugh has plusses and minuses, and its OK to want him or not want him, but he has said that the bears is his "dream job"

Im not even sure i want him, but there is reason to believe hed be interested in the job.

Ditka was his nemesis.  Ditka is a total legend in Chicago.  Want to prove you’re better than the master?  Come to Chicago and stake your claim.  

11 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

He got offered the Minnesota job and went back to Michigan with more money. He's king there, I think he only leaves if he wins the college tournament. Not sure the Bears offer him a kings ransom to be their coach or Poles turns player control over to JH.

I think current circumstances will lead Harbaugh out of Michigan.  Michigan rescinded the contract extension, signalling the beginning of the end.

As for him heading to the Bears, I have always been a resounding no.  It's for personal reasons, due to things I know from his time in Indy.  That being said, I'm over it and he may be exactly what we are looking for to be that dog.  Harbaugh the coach, builds great fronts, so he should really like what Poles has been up to.  I'm still in Flus's corner.  Will re-address that in January.

Now the Bears have to win one for me. LOL

I was just informed by my neurosurgeon that finally, six months after fracturing two vertebrae in my back, I can take off my back brace for good. I still have a ways to go before I can improve my mobility. Still have issues with balance. Need to work on my core muscles. But at long last, I can do neat things like take a shower (bed baths suck) and regain some semblance of normality. 

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15 minutes ago, Pixote said:

I was just informed by my neurosurgeon that finally, six months after fracturing two vertebrae in my back, I can take off my back brace for good. I still have a ways to go before I can improve my mobility. Still have issues with balance. Need to work on my core muscles. But at long last, I can do neat things like take a shower (bed baths suck) and regain some semblance of normality. 

LET'S GO Pix!!! Congratulations dude, I know you've had a VERY long road with all this medical stuff, and good news is extremely welcome. So glad to hear it.

16 minutes ago, Pixote said:

Congrats! That is some great news. I can't imagine being restricted for that long. 

50 minutes ago, Pixote said:

Fantastic!  Keep at it!

45 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I'm with you on agreeing their win should be dedicated to you! 

And a CAR loss too :)

11 minutes ago, Pixote said:

It seems there are a lot of Bears joining me by being taken off the IR.

How good is your arm? We need you.

26 minutes ago, Pixote said:

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the support.

It seems there are a lot of Bears joining me by being taken off the IR.

Just in time for a tough 4 game stretch.

Glad to hear this Pix!  Take care of yourself and hope this means good things will come for you and our Bears.

6 hours ago, Pixote said:

That's cool, I broke my neck August 23rd. C1 and C2, has limited me but not as bad as your situation. I get my collar off December 20 so it won't interrupt my winter travel. My biggest problem is my lack of activity while waiting to heal. I get the pain but will tell you it gets better. Attitude matters. Be positive.

8 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

That's cool, I broke my neck August 23rd. C1 and C2, has limited me but not as bad as your situation. I get my collar off December 20 so it won't interrupt my winter travel. My biggest problem is my lack of activity while waiting to heal. I get the pain but will tell you it gets better. Attitude matters. Be positive.

I'm sure you are as anxious to get rid of that collar as I was my back brace. I hope you progress rapidly to full health. You are right about keeping a positive attitude. There were times during the past six month my spirits were down. Those times were brutal. It showed in my rehab progress. 

I still have a lot of rehab left to return 'close' to where I was before the fall. 

I will remember your advice, stay positive!

1 hour ago, Pixote said:

I'm sure you are as anxious to get rid of that collar as I was my back brace. I hope you progress rapidly to full health. You are right about keeping a positive attitude. There were times during the past six month my spirits were down. Those times were brutal. It showed in my rehab progress. 

I still have a lot of rehab left to return 'close' to where I was before the fall. 

I will remember your advice, stay positive!

Im already driving again and starting working again with caution. I know my body well enough to know it will be okay as long as I dont do trauma to it. Doctors always use the same timeline for everyone, I have always healed quicker than normal, now if I end up paralyzed, I made the wrong choice. That is where the positive attitude comes in.