Anything comments

Stinger226

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

Six or seven should save him.  Here's a crazy thought.  Poles could even extend him if he decides to draft another quarterback.  Especially, if it shows that Flus has the locker room and that Getsy is a competent OC.  An extension would provide greater stability for a new QB entering the NFL, with the house already being built.  Scheme specific players and comfort in culture could be a really good start.

I agree , we have had a lot of losing but we are trending the other way now. How will all of this be perceived if we win 8-9 games and get good QB play out of our QBs. People always want change but there is something said for establishing stability for a franchise.  Always changing everything every 3-4 years is not good.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/26/2023 at 9:15 PM, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Sorry gotta share another social media tidbit:  

IMG_5799.jpeg

Which makes the Denver loss hurt that much more. However, nothing really matters if they lose on SNF, because at 2-6, you are essentially eliminated. 

3 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Couple of 4 and 1's and not taking the 3 have hurt the record too. 

Agree, best just to say they are getting better and hope for some luck along the way. If we win 2 of the next 3 , that's a good start to us being a better team. 

Brisker back in concussion protocol after being in it last week(???) (after Raiders game).  According to Flus Brisker ‘fell ill’ mid-week and missed the game yesterday because of it . Then today was put back into concussion status. Either Flus is really, really bad at communicating or there may be some concerns with Brisker’s overall health.  He has a history of concussions (last season out weeks 12 and 13) and again this year.  As we know there’s only so many licks to the head someone can take  and the fact he ‘fell ill “ (if he actually did) in between is pretty worrisome. Suppose we’ll need to monitor this one.    

IMG_5828.jpeg

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

Michael Lombardi is always giving the Bears crap and seen this tweet.

Michael Lombardi talks a lot of shit for someone whose three first round picks in two years were Barkevious Mingo, Justin Gilbert and Johnny Manziel

This goes back to the fact that just because someone held a position, that doesn't make them an expert. He was a terrible GM and his takes are terrible. I could care less what he says about anything.

By the time the draft rolls around, the Bears will have added DJ Moore and Montez Sweat for basically free. They will have the choice of QBs, if they elect to go that route and another blue-chip player. 

So who do you think are players that are exceeding expectations at the halfway point in the season? 

At this point, on offense probably Jenkins and Wright for me. Everyone else is either meeting or are below my expectations. 

On defense, Edwards and Billings? Maybe Sanborn again? 

It just feels like a lot of guys have not met the preseason hype and in order to be successful in this league you need a lot more guys exceeding expectations. 

11 minutes ago, adam said:

So who do you think are players that are exceeding expectations at the halfway point in the season? 

At this point, on offense probably Jenkins and Wright for me. Everyone else is either meeting or are below my expectations. 

On defense, Edwards and Billings? Maybe Sanborn again? 

It just feels like a lot of guys have not met the preseason hype and in order to be successful in this league you need a lot more guys exceeding expectations. 

DJ Moore has met my high expectations.  Herbert has looked good as the starter, handling more snaps better than I expected.   Blasingame I’m a big fan of.  Nobody gives FBs love but we missed him when he went out of the game.