Anything comments

Stinger226

Zach Wilson 19-33, 57.6%, 186 yds, 5.6 Y/A, 0 TD, 0 INT, 5 sacks, winning QB

Mr MVP Jalen Hurts threw 3 INTs and with the lead and just after the 2 minute warning, your throw an INT that gets run back to your own 8 and on the next play the Jets score the go ahead TD. Then you have 1:46 and a TO left, with Brown and Smith as your WR, Goedert as your TE, and you go 4 and out to end the game. 

and just like that, there are no more unbeaten teams.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, adam said:

Zach Wilson 19-33, 57.6%, 186 yds, 5.6 Y/A, 0 TD, 0 INT, 5 sacks, winning QB

Mr MVP Jalen Hurts threw 3 INTs and with the lead and just after the 2 minute warning, your throw an INT that gets run back to your own 8 and on the next play the Jets score the go ahead TD. Then you have 1:46 and a TO left, with Brown and Smith as your WR, Goedert as your TE, and you go 4 and out to end the game. 

and just like that, there are no more unbeaten teams.

How about Josh Allen against the NYG against backup Tyrod Taylor.  169 yds 2 TDs and 1 INT.  They won at least but what an ugly game. 

7 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

How about Josh Allen against the NYG against backup Tyrod Taylor.  169 yds 2 TDs and 1 INT.  They won at least but what an ugly game. 

Too soon! That's my fantasy QB who is continually failing me.

QBing seems much harder this year against most teams. Very few QBs are having great games and winning. Some are getting 300 yard games, but are losing by 20. Minshew had 329 but had 3 INTs and lost by 17. 

Of the top 5 passing yards leaders for this week, only Goff won, and he mainly had to throw when Monty went down with an injury.

39 minutes ago, OmahaBear said:

Looks like a great hire.. LOL

For all accounts he is just doing advance scouting and does data work reporting to Flus. Flus is overloaded and trying to figure it out. With all that said the defense played well this week. The week before our game Minny played KC scored 20 points and 329 total yards while JJ went out early in that game. 

39 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

He is too slow processing the field.  Notice he only looks at his first option. 

yeah. Bust. :)

seriously though, those throws on top of the rubber ball are pretty amazing - it's all arm and core.

Im gonna need to see him against some 7th grade competition LOL

53 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

yeah. Bust. :)

seriously though, those throws on top of the rubber ball are pretty amazing - it's all arm and core.

Im gonna need to see him against some 7th grade competition LOL

If this was MLB, he'd be signed.  Crazy how accurate, quick, and strong he is already 

1 hour ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

If this was MLB, he'd be signed.  Crazy how accurate, quick, and strong he is already 

theres film of like a 5 year old Payton Manning, with a huge forehead, saying hes gonna be an NFL QB lol. It makes sense since his Dad was one, but still it's kind of chilling. They come from SOMEWHERE...

What happens with the OL? The bad snaps is a problem, do we give a true OC the starting job, Doug Kramer? I think Whitehair wont be there again, it may be Patrick. Carter has played well so even with the Davis injury we have that covered. The key to the line is when Jones comes back. Hopefully this week. 

With our first two picks in the draft, probably should be a pass rusher and a OT, but the QB question will make that a QB. I think the other pick will be a pass rusher, 2nd round needs to be a OC.

Saw the below post on Twitter and it sorta encapsulates what I think about the Justin vs Caleb debate.  I recently saw a highlight film of Williams and it reminds me a lot of Justin’s highlight reels at Ohio State.  In fact most of the pass plays were of him being “delayed” in his reads and having to scramble to get the play off.  And in the back of my mind I can’t help repeat the question, ‘who was/are their competition at the collegiate level?’   We saw how Williams did recently against a team that was ranked.  How sure are we that Williams’ “generational” talent will translate to the NFL?  

IMG_5758.jpeg

46 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Saw the below post on Twitter and it sorta encapsulates what I think about the Justin vs Caleb debate.  I recently saw a highlight film of Williams and it reminds me a lot of Justin’s highlight reels at Ohio State.  In fact most of the pass plays were of him being “delayed” in his reads and having to scramble to get the play off.  And in the back of my mind I can’t help repeat the question, ‘who was/are their competition at the collegiate level?’   We saw how Williams did recently against a team that was ranked.  How sure are we that Williams’ “generational” talent will translate to the NFL?  

IMG_5758.jpeg

The problem is there is no clear cut answer. What decisions at the end of the year gives us the best chance at winning next year? Poles will need to show a big step forward to keep his job. It could be as simple as better coaching and 2 blue chip players added in the draft. Plus a vet center and pass rusher, we have the money for that. 

8 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

IMG_5758.jpeg

Athlete and runner are not required traits for a QB. Saying Williams makes bad reads is pretty comical, that is subjective.

We need to let the season play out for both of them to see how they end up. Right now Williams has had 2-3 bad games in his college career. Fields has 20+ bad ones in the NFL. 

Williams may flame out and not even be the first pick. Right now he still is, but another bad game and he is probably no longer a consensus. 

27 minutes ago, adam said:

Athlete and runner are not required traits for a QB. Saying Williams makes bad reads is pretty comical, that is subjective.

Not unless you’re Patrick Mahomes.  

And I think the poster explained the “bad reads” as a lowest possible issue if he has a hard time with it in the NFL (which right now is an unknown). It’s apparent he’s vulnerable to them after last week.  🤷🏻‍♂️

Lastly, don’t suppose you saw this rumor regarding his (Williams’) want as part owner for whatever team he’s drafted to?  Thought it odd.  

And just like that it’s a three way race for the basement of the NFC North.  Right now the Bears have the edge (2-5) but GB (2-4) just had their bye and Minny (2-4) play tomorrow night against SF.  

Something else of interest is Chicago has so far scored the second most points (158) in the division behind Detroit (174).  Whereas they’ve had the most points scored against them (188) and Detroit is second with 151.  

Couple other nuggets.  Their PF of 158 is 3rd most overall in the NFC and 10th overall in the NFL right now.  And their PA of 188 is second most in the NFC and 5th most overall right now (I say all this just before the start of the Miami/Philly game).  Is it a defensive or offensive struggle?   

Just seen this posted on X,. I could buy into that.

Hear me out

MHJ, DJ Moore, Mooney/Tyler Scott Brock Bowers & Kmet

Braxton-Davis-Van Pran-Jenkins-Wright

RoJo, Herbert, Rookie RB

Fields & Bagent

Then on defense Chase Young -Dexter -Pickens -Ngakue Sanborn, Edwards, Edmunds JJ, ‘Rique/Terell Smith, KG6 Brisker, Micah Hyde

Probably not getting Chase Young for nothing and in that case which of those offensive picks are we giving up?  Now if we wait and Wash can't tag him or ends up forced to remove the tag when there is no trade offer....that'd be great.  

4 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

And just like that it’s a three way race for the basement of the NFC North.  Right now the Bears have the edge (2-5) but GB (2-4) just had their bye and Minny (2-4) play tomorrow night against SF.  

Something else of interest is Chicago has so far scored the second most points (158) in the division behind Detroit (174).  Whereas they’ve had the most points scored against them (188) and Detroit is second with 151.  

Couple other nuggets.  Their PF of 158 is 3rd most overall in the NFC and 10th overall in the NFL right now.  And their PA of 188 is second most in the NFC and 5th most overall right now (I say all this just before the start of the Miami/Philly game).  Is it a defensive or offensive struggle?   

The Bears defense has allowed 12 pts in back to back games, and 20 against WAS. So 14 pts per game the last 3 games is a pretty good sample size for a defense. They allowed a ton the first 4 weeks, so it has skewed the averages a little. 

Now GB plays MIN next weekend. Then they play LAR, PIT, LAC, DET, and KC. There season is over.