Anything comments

Stinger226

Lance looked really shaky against LVR. 

His stats look good, 10-15, 112 yds, 1 TD, and 4 sacks, but he got super lucky twice. He threw a RZ pass right into Duke Shelley's hands and he ping ponged it right to a SF Tight End for the TD. Near the end of the 2nd quarter, he again threw it right to a defender who dropped it.  Anytime there was pressure, he looked really shaky. 

Other young QBs:

Love 7-10, 46 yds, 4.6 Y/A, 1 TD (Clifford looked 10x better than Love)
Lawrence 5-6, 36 yds, 6.0 Y/A, 1 TD, 1 INT (his INT was ugly)
Wilson 14-20, 123 yds, 6.2 Y/A, 1 TD, 1 sack
Mills 9-12, 99 yds, 1 TD (Mills always seems to be decent)
Pickett 6-7, 90 yds, 10 Y/A, 1 TD (he looked really good)
Howell 9-12, 77 yds, 6.4 Y/A, 1 TD, 1 sack
Trask 6-10, 99 yds, 9.9 Y/A, 1 INT, 3 sacks
Willis 16-25, 189 yds, 7.6 Y/A, 1 INT, 4 sacks
Young 4-6, 21 yds, 3.5 Y/A, 1 sack (he was getting crushed)
Stroud 2-4, 13 yds, 1 INT, 1 sack (looked really bad)
Richardson 7-12, 67 yds, 5.6 Y/A, 1 INT
Levis 9-14, 85 yds, 6.1 Y/A, 1 INT, 4 sacks
Trubisky 1-4, 10 yds, 2.5 Y/A, 1 INT (looked like vintage Mitch)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, adam said:

It has to be parody, the throw to Blasingame hit him in the chest while he threw it around an LB.

Both screen throws were intentionally off target a bit to get around the rush.  Generally he has liked Justin so I have no clue what this is.  I also know PJ Walker is his protege and trains with him in the offseason and he was completely horrible.   

3 minutes ago, adam said:

Lance looked really shaky against LVR. 

His stats look good, 10-15, 112 yds, 1 TD, and 4 sacks, but he got super lucky twice. He threw a RZ pass right into Duke Shelley's hands and he ping ponged it right to a SF Tight End for the TD. Near the end of the 2nd quarter, he again threw it right to a defender who dropped it.  Anytime there was pressure, he looked really shaky. 

Other young QBs:

Love 7-10, 46 yds, 4.6 Y/A, 1 TD (Clifford looked 10x better than Love)
Lawrence 5-6, 36 yds, 6.0 Y/A, 1 TD, 1 INT (his INT was ugly)
Wilson 14-20, 123 yds, 6.2 Y/A, 1 TD, 1 sack
Mills 9-12, 99 yds, 1 TD (Mills always seems to be decent)
Pickett 6-7, 90 yds, 10 Y/A, 1 TD (he looked really good)
Howell 9-12, 77 yds, 6.4 Y/A, 1 TD, 1 sack
Trask 6-10, 99 yds, 9.9 Y/A, 1 INT, 3 sacks
Willis 16-25, 189 yds, 7.6 Y/A, 1 INT, 4 sacks
Young 4-6, 21 yds, 3.5 Y/A, 1 sack (he was getting crushed)
Stroud 2-4, 13 yds, 1 INT, 1 sack (looked really bad)
Richardson 7-12, 67 yds, 5.6 Y/A, 1 INT
Levis 9-14, 85 yds, 6.1 Y/A, 1 INT, 4 sacks
Trubisky 1-4, 10 yds, 2.5 Y/A, 1 INT (looked like vintage Mitch)

It's really hard to make much of anything preseason for QBs.  How they respond under pressure does matter and is definitely something that carries into the season.  Also being in sync with receivers on the routes.  PJ Walker had no clue.  Justin at least looked like he knows the offense but it's all such a small snapshot.       

5 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Wow, I'm a sarcastic bastard and he fooled me.  Getting old I guess...😂

hahaha

IF this helps, he simultaneously released this video on YouTube too. Pretty funny.

Crazy to think both Elliott and Cook are the same age.  Elliott came into the NFL one year prior and has 600 more carries, 3300 more yards, and 80 more receptions.  Cook is entering the danger zone of career touches, and Elliott is smack dab in the middle of it. Risk of injury or steep decline is super high for Elliott, Cook still probably has a good year to two years left in him.

Neither were brought in to be a load back. They will contribute in a two back system. It's interesting that Cook getting 8.6 mil overtakes the highest paid contract of 6 mil by David Montgomery. Poles is got it right on not giving big contracts to RBs. 

With Breece Hall recovering from a knee injury I understand why the Jets signed Cook.  He can carry the load early while Hall ramps up.   Elliot...you don't need to pay that much for the second part of a two back system.   At least Cook still played well last year.  Elliot is a shell of what he used to be.   

10 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

I'm kicking myself right now.  I live 25 minutes from Colts camp and I failed to look into getting tickets for the scrimmages.  They are free too.  Time to hit my contacts...

Good luck, let us know if you get in.

38 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Another nail in the coffin for PFF. They had Justin Fields rated 69.3 grade in the Tenn game. How do you throw the ball 3 times (100%), 129 yds and two TDs and get a low rating?

Yeah, PFF is not good at many things, and rating QBs when there are already stats to do so is silly. It's mainly because his throw to Moore was off, yet if you look at the ball out of his hands, it was just an odd ball. He threw around the defender to Blasingame, and escaped the pocket on the Herbert one. Not much else he could really do.

1 hour ago, adam said:

Is "iron sharps iron" the new "collaborate"?

I don't know even know where this came from since everyone on the planet uses a grind stone to sharpen iron (or steel) because the sharpening material must be harder.  But this is football not engineering so whatever gets them out of stupid questions from journalists is fine by me.   

Proverbs 27:17 proclaims: “As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another”. This simple statement has been a calling for all these years to understand that no one is alone. That in order to make yourself better, there is a mutual benefit making others better through mentorship, follower-ship, and leading.

45 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Proverbs 27:17 proclaims: “As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another”. This simple statement has been a calling for all these years to understand that no one is alone. That in order to make yourself better, there is a mutual benefit making others better through mentorship, follower-ship, and leading.

The metaphor is good even if the material science isn't.  Although there is a cautionary aspect to it as well because soft iron is only going to yield soft iron.  Hanging out with lazy people produces more lazy people.  It's important to find the right person or people to work with, or role model.  Offense practicing against a poor defense is not going to improve.       

A few notes from the Colts game.

Pickens, Johnson and Dexter are legit.  I love the way Pickens plays low and scrapes down the line.  He's in every play almost.  Johnson was so patient with his runs, then boom.he runs like a seasoned vet.  Dexter will not not be moved.  If I ever see him moved backwards, it will take three people.  He is bull strong.  It was also good to see him in the Colts backfield a lot tonight.

4 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

A few notes from the Colts game.

Pickens, Johnson and Dexter are legit.  I love the way Pickens plays low and scrapes down the line.  He's in every play almost.  Johnson was so patient with his runs, then boom.he runs like a seasoned vet.  Dexter will not not be moved.  If I ever see him moved backwards, it will take three people.  He is bull strong.  It was also good to see him in the Colts backfield a lot tonight.

Dexter was noticeably faster off the ball tonight too. Good to see him improving. Youre right, hes so strong.