Anything comments

Stinger226

3 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Tevis Gipson sent a nice closing X-itter to the people of Chicago.  Saying ‘thanks’ for supporting him during his time as a Bear.  Then he followed that up with a second xweet.  

IMG_5407.jpeg

Wording matters, I believe he was asked a question and replied that he prefers a 3-4 defense. That was then stretched to he prefers another team, and that he would like to be traded. 

In reality, getting cut provides him with the most options.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bears were 1-7 in one score games last year (only beating HOU). If it was even, that would be 4-4, so a 6-win team with that roster. If you start from there, you can see how this can easily be an 8 to 9 win team. Moore alone is 1 win. The improved defense should squeeze out another win, and in general the rest of the roster should squeeze out a third to get to 9 wins. With some luck or good refs for a change, double digits is not out of the question.

On the flip side, injuries or bad refs and this is back to a 5 to 6 win team.

4 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

To show you what a meathead I am, I watched this.

I have never played Madden.  Can't believe they have gotten so kinda life like.  Last football game I played was the old vibrating field with guys who just ran around in circles.  Yea that one.

4 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

This is a curious situation. Philly is like Georgia Bulldog North. I wonder if some of those coaches with ties to Philly purposely did that so Philly could take him. 

Seattle took a CB, LVR took and Edge before Carter was picked. Hell ATL took a RB in the top 10 before Carter. So it wasn't just the Bears. However, who else was gonna trade up ahead of PHI? If a team was there, why didn't the Bears take their offer instead? The one move up was weird if they knew the Bears weren't gonna take him. 

Carter is trouble. We will see how he does in Philly with all those safeguards around him - things he just didnt have. i STILL think hes gonna flame out even with all that.

But regardless, I also think Wright is gonna be a hall of famer. Its WAAAAY early, but that's my intuition on him.

1 hour ago, AZ54 said:

Other than Hutchinson, who seems to be working off just one pass rush move, the rest of Detroit's team looks average to bad.  Both first round picks are backup players.  

They found a way to beat the world champs.  KCs WRs have all speed and no hands.  Hope Poles can shake this pattern that he brought with(Velus and Scott).  Not saying they have major issues yet, but the signs are pointing.

6 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

They found a way to beat the world champs.  KCs WRs have all speed and no hands.  Hope Poles can shake this pattern that he brought with(Velus and Scott).  Not saying they have major issues yet, but the signs are pointing.

KC didn't have their #2 and #3 best players and Detroit still needed a pick-6 (that went right thru Toney's hand), and a fake punt on their own 17 to win by 1 point. Montgomery averaged 3.5 yards per carry (just like old times) and for how it seemed like Hutchinson was all over the field, he didn't record an official stat (tackle, sack, PD, INT). While he was doing double spin moves, he was losing contain, and Mahomes was gashing them on the ground. Up until the last drive where the Lions ran out the clock, Mahomes was the leading rusher in the game. So if Mahomes can get 45 yards that easily on 6 carries, can you imagine what Fields can get?

Needless to say, I was not impressed by either team, but at least KC had an excuse. However, it's funny that the media gives Mahomes a pass when he doesn't have Kelce, but Fields should produce throwing to Pettis, ESB, and ISM? 

What I noticed the most was Detroit has a very good OL yet their running game didnt seem very special with an average defense. Hutchinson is the real deal. The NFL allowed the RT to move almost every snap or Hutch would have looked better. Without Kelce the Chiefs dont have a go to guy.

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

What I noticed the most was Detroit has a very good OL yet their running game didnt seem very special with an average defense. Hutchinson is the real deal. The NFL allowed the RT to move almost every snap or Hutch would have looked better. Without Kelce the Chiefs dont have a go to guy.

I feel much better about the Bears after watching that game. Neither team looked good. Detroit scored 14 pts on offense against a defense missing their best player.

The KC game looks winnable. We have a better running attack, and by all means, a better passing game, and a super dynamic QB compared to the statue in Goff. On defense, if that is the offense we need to defend against, I like our chances.

For Detroit games, no one scares me. We have 3 good CBs, so St. Brown will get his catches, but I don't think they will be chunk plays. Gibbs may be the only one we need to be concerned about as he looked explosive. However, if you are just looking at top players, we match up pretty good against both of those teams. Fields, Moore, Herbert, Kmet, Ngakoue, Edmunds, Edwards, Johnson, Gordon, Brisker, Jackson would all be starters in Detroit.