Anything comments

Stinger226

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was only able to catch the last 4 min but they were good minutes.   Love's INT to Watson in the endzone saw a flailing Watson complaining that he was pushed off.  He wasn't, he was just too weak to come back and fight for the ball that was underthrown by several yards.    Then Green Bay's revamped D couldn't stop the run and allowed too much time to run off the clock as they gave up 2 or 3 first downs.   

46 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Yes it’s PFF and the creepy Chris Collingsworth but still cool to see three Bears in the top 10.  

IMG_5728.jpeg

Wow.   At least Dexter and Wright have passed the eye test (mine) that they had a good game.  I haven't seen enough of Terell Smith but maybe I'll go back and watch some the game I recorded.   Relying on rookies is painful early in the season but if you have the right players it builds the core of the team faster.  The second half of this season could be interesting.  

..edit: forgot to say my usual I don't like PFF... too subjective.   That's why I want to go back and look closer at what Smith did.  

1 hour ago, AZ54 said:

Wow.   At least Dexter and Wright have passed the eye test (mine) that they had a good game.  I haven't seen enough of Terell Smith but maybe I'll go back and watch some the game I recorded.   Relying on rookies is painful early in the season but if you have the right players it builds the core of the team faster.  The second half of this season could be interesting.  

..edit: forgot to say my usual I don't like PFF... too subjective.   That's why I want to go back and look closer at what Smith did.  

I was going to post about Terrell Smith.  He has challenged Stevenson all camp and has played pretty good in his limited action.  He slid because of an injury and many teams noted they wanted him. Might be another player we will praise Poles for taking.

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

So, now we like PFF...😜

it's like liking a coin flip when you call heads and it comes up heads LOL

But AZ has it right - you watch the film and that tells you everything that stats cant.

If we end up with the first pick because of the trade to Carolina again, we have to give Poles huge credit. A potential all pro OT (Wright), DJ Moore, Tyrek Stevenson, and the #1  pick in the 2024 draft. 2025 2nd round pick.

IF Fields turns into our franchise QB and he trades the #1 pick, he will get more than last year. Probably would mean we could still draft Harrison and multi first round picks.

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

If we end up with the first pick because of the trade to Carolina again, we have to give Poles huge credit. A potential all pro OT (Wright), DJ Moore, Tyrek Stevenson, and the #1  pick in the 2024 draft. 2025 2nd round pick.

IF Fields turns into our franchise QB and he trades the #1 pick, he will get more than last year. Probably would mean we could still draft Harrison and multi first round picks.

That's what I want for Xmas. 👃

For a team with a defensive coach, playing the Cover-2, the Bears are allowing the 7th most explosive plays (33) and the 2nd most explosive passing plays (21). This may be due to injury or lack of pass rush, or both, but ultimately they are allowing over 6 explosive plays per game.  That is almost one per drive. That number needs to be cut in half.

He has 2 tackles this year. Last year he had 5 sacks , if cheap, why not but he is not a difference maker any more, if he was Poles would have sighed him at the beginning of training camp. He didn't, see Robert Quinn. With the worst defense in the league why wasn't Denver playing him?

1 hour ago, adam said:

Denver released Frank Clark. Make it happen Poles!

Absolutely not.  He’s got nothing more to give than Dom Rob so might as well let the younger player try to improve.  Or at least save the money.  

True true. Good points. I didn't know he has fallen off that much.

However, DRob has been brutal this season, like below a replacement level player. I would almost rather see Sanborn or Sewell brought in as situational pass rushers, they have the speed and strength to do it on a very part-time basis. Something needs to be done to get the pass rush going as DRob and Green have really struggled.

6 hours ago, adam said:

True true. Good points. I didn't know he has fallen off that much.

However, DRob has been brutal this season, like below a replacement level player. I would almost rather see Sanborn or Sewell brought in as situational pass rushers, they have the speed and strength to do it on a very part-time basis. Something needs to be done to get the pass rush going as DRob and Green have really struggled.

DRob doesn't have any burst and so he can only win via pass rush moves, or scheme, or the QB gets flushed his way.  Lack of burst requires winning the rep via strength and he's stronger this year.  That helps him hold up better on run downs to contain the play (set edge smaller gap) but he still doesn't have enough strength to get off blocks to make a tackle.  

I wouldn't count him out long term just yet but the clock is ticking faster.  If we had a normal decent Dline he'd still be on the practice squad.  He'll need to make another similar step up in bulk and strength next year.  However, the Bears have their little mass machine and know exactly how much he can bulk up.   

1 hour ago, AZ54 said:

DRob doesn't have any burst and so he can only win via pass rush moves, or scheme, or the QB gets flushed his way.  Lack of burst requires winning the rep via strength and he's stronger this year.  That helps him hold up better on run downs to contain the play (set edge smaller gap) but he still doesn't have enough strength to get off blocks to make a tackle.  

I wouldn't count him out long term just yet but the clock is ticking faster.  If we had a normal decent Dline he'd still be on the practice squad.  He'll need to make another similar step up in bulk and strength next year.  However, the Bears have their little mass machine and know exactly how much he can bulk up.   

Yes  and yes, he was raw from the beginning ad will get a little more time.